Chapter Seventeen

I have two more days left in Leo's hold

I have two more days left in Leo's hold. And I have yet to figure out what to tell my father when I get back.

I'm going to have to tell him I failed him.

I'm going to have to tell him I have no information about Leo or his business. And I can only hope he doesn't smell the lie on me.

"Hurry up!" Chase begs from the bottom of the stairs.

"I don't like this!" I shout back at him.

"Please!" He shouts back up the stairs.

Jesus, I can't believe I am doing this. I mutter curses underneath my breath before I take a step down the stairs. Hands grip my hips and stop me.

"Why do you look like this?" Leo asks from behind me, his breath fanning my ear.

I turn around and press a hand to his chest, creating some space between us. Of course he had to find me in this outfit.

In order to help Chase, he picked out a very specific outfit. A very short black skirt with fishnets and heels. A small black top that looks like it could be a bralette with lace covers my breasts.

I look like I'm about to sell my body.

"It's something I'm doing," I lie lamely. "It's nothing important. You don't need to worry about it."

I try to brush him off but his grip tightens. "Like hell I need to worry about it. Your dressed like your about to go fuck somebody who just picked you up off the street."

My pulse quickens and I finally meet his gaze which holds anger.

I drop my head and sigh. "Leo, it's not like that."

"Then what is it?" He asks, tilting his head to the side.

"A, please hurry!" Chase calls from downstairs.

Leo's jaw clenched in anger and he moves around me but I grab his arm. I give him a warning look and say, "it's not what you think. I'm just helping him with something."

"Is that something getting fucked? Are you going to fuck him, Aveline?" His tone is low and threatening.

I glare at him and say, "even if I was, you have no place telling me who I can and can't sleep with."

He pushes me against the wall, wrapping his arm around my throat in a tight old but not cutting off my oxygen.

"You are not to sleep with anyone besides me. You are mine for the time being and I don't want your skin being touched by another man who isn't me," he orders me.

I narrow my eyes on him. "Well I'm not so stop being so possessive."

I add, "and it's really not that important. I'll be back tonight."