Chapter Thirty-Six

I still don't receive any food

I still don't receive any food. I did manage to get a cup of water though. So she doesn't want me to die.

I think it's been about three days I've been here and two I've been tied to this chair.

I know I don't want Leo to come but I'm also wondering—where the hell is he?

She said he was already searching for me. And she was leaving him breadcrumbs. Which means maybe she is purposely dragging this out to make it last longer.

Maybe to torture me.

I'm going to hate tearing Ink away from everything he got so comfortable with.

My stomach rumbles—indicating that I am hungry and haven't eaten in a while. I've gotten glimpses of the house whenever I am led to the bathroom but that's the only thing my aunt does for me.

A gunshot rings through the air—startling me. It's so quiet and the lights to the room are off so I have no clear idea of what is happening outside.

More gunshots go off and yelling accompanies it. Shit—something is happening and I'm stuck in this room. I am tied down with no way to escape.

I'm practically dinner offered on a silver platter to whoever is here.

Or maybe this is a protocol. Yeah—I like that thought.

Too bad it's fucking wrong.

The gunshots get louder and I can only take that as the people moving closer to the room I am in.

I take a deep breath as the door opens and man in a black mask enters.

"Do your worst," I spit, glaring at him.

I can tell he smirks.

And then he takes off his mask and my heart drops.

"Leo," I whisper, unable to believe it's really him even though I knew he was coming.

He walks towards me and begins cutting lose my rope and I lunge myself into his arms. I don't care about anything else except him holding me.

He wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Someone's happy to see me," he jokes, burying his face into my neck.

"You have no idea," I say through a laugh.

"I knew you'd be fine, darling. You can always handle yourself," he praises me. We break apart and he lifts my chin.