Chapter Twenty-Five

I wake up in my bed

I wake up in my bed. Leo ended up carrying me to it. A smile touches my lips and I bring the blanket down over my face.

I let out a sigh and remove the blankets, standing up and stretching. I think that was one of the best sleeps I have ever had.

"Ava," Lilian sings my name, walking inside. She stops once she sees me.

"Why aren't you dressed?" She asks, placing a hand on her hip.

I look down at my pajamas.

"I just woke up," I tell her.

She walks over to me and turns my body towards the clock. It's 11 am. I slept in that long?

"We have plans today. Before you and Leo discuss your next steps," she repeats the last bit from Leo. She then takes a look at my ring.

"No way!" She gasps. "What happened?"

I take a look at the diamond ring that still stays on my finger from Leo. It's a very pretty silver with the diamond in the center resembling a flower. Two small thorns poke out at each side along with a leaf.

It's pretty.

"Leo faked a marriage contract," I tell her. I would have assumed he let her know. "He didn't tell you?"

"He did not!" She exclaims. "But it's so beautiful. So does that mean you aren't really married?"

I nod my head.

"Bummer," she says with a frown. "It would have been nice to have more female family."

I laugh softly and move around her to get some clothes.

"What am I dressing for?" I ask, looking through the wardrobe.

"Go with a light dress. Like—oh! This one," she tells me, grabbing one of my white dresses. It's a snug piece that reaches mid thigh and the straps hang off shoulder. There's a little bow in the center.

"I don't know. . ." I say slowly. "What are we even doing?"

"It's just a small business gathering. But we have to be there," she tells me. I bite my lip and look at my clothes again.

"I'm not wearing the white dress but I will wear a dress."

She puts it back in the wardrobe and keeps looking. I smile as I sit on the bed and let her find one for me.