jedna

The music is loud

The music is loud. My body swaying to its rhythm, a sheen layer of sweat glitters my body. My hair is sticking to my exposed neck and back, the dress I'm wearing is short and leaves little to imagination. But that's the point. To have their lustful eyes watch me with hunger, like a predator watching it's prey.

I enjoy their attention; it thrills me and makes me feel powerful. After all, I am in control here, they can look but they can't touch.

My breathing is fast, I'm out of breath from dancing to song to song without a break. The clicking of my heels alerts my admirers my change of location.

"Three shots of vodka," my tone sweet oppose to my face.

"Anything for the queen," he responds as he begins to pour my saviour. The liquid in the glasses dissipates under 10 seconds, and before I know it I have another round and another and another.

𓆩♡𓆪

A cone of greasy chips is in my left hand and my other hand, is raised in the air, swaying to my out of beat singing, as I walk in the middle of the empty road. The lyrics of the song come out as gibberish but I don't care, I'm having fun.

As long as I'm enjoying myself then nothing else matters.

A sound in the distance rumbles in my ears, but I pay no attention. I also pay no attention to the pair of arms that yank me from the middle of the road, just before a car almost hits me. I watch it speed away and a shiver of adrenaline hits me. A wild smile crosses my face and now I'm grinning like the chesire cat from Alice in the wonderland. A psychotic laugh bubbles in my stomach and then explodes into a fit of giggles. Still, I pay no attention to the arms that hold me.

"You shouldn't walk on the road, it's dangerous," the mysterious person said. From the deepness of the voice, I could tell it was a man.

"No it isn't."

"You nearly just got hit by a car," he turned me around to face him.

He towered over me, I assumed he was around 6 foot. It doesn't really matter since mostly everyone is taller than me. His hair was short, a military cut, and dark. His chocolate eyes watched me closely as I observed him. He had a beard and a small, warm smile on his face.

"You're clearly drunk," he rolled his eyes playfully once he saw how unphased I am. Suddenly, I remembered the chips in my hand and continued to eat them, completely forgetting about this man in front of me.

"It's impolite to ignore someone mid conversation, princess." My head lifted at the endearment and a small smirk pulled at my lips.

"But we weren't having a conversation."

"Well, now we are. Do you need a lift home?"

"It's dangerous to talk to strangers, especially to get lifts home from them."