Legacy

We drifted into the main road and I made him stop a mile away, not wanting grandma to see him. We sit silently in the car and I sigh
"Jin... I-" before I could finish, he jumped over and hugged me, I didn't waste time and hugged back "We'll meet again Nora, don't you doubt it. I'll find you" i chuckle "Good. Or else I'll hunt you down myself" with that, I ripped myself out of his grip and got out of the car, waving goodbye and walking to the meeting place.

I smile, seeing my grandma and her security guards standing there, menacingly. She notices me and smiles, waving, she always looks like a rich Karen for some reason. I run and hug her "Ok, why do you always have to warn me that you're coming an hour before? Why not a day?" She laughs at my question "it depends on my mood, I wanted to come today, so here we are. Now come on, get into the car" I roll my eyes "Really? Kidnapping me?" She plays along and pushes me inside the black car "Yes, I am. And I'll do it again if I have to"

I laugh, she is the person I have the most in common with, the beauty, the sass, the brains. Basically I'm a younger version of my savage grandma, that's why I'm her favourite granddaughter.
An hour passed and we were still driving to the location, we passed a few familiar streets, since her company was  a bit behind my house. We drove until we reached a secluded zone, making me raise an eyebrow, for the whole trip my grandma kept going on and on about how her buisness is doing good for the world and I'll continue her legacy, blah, blah, blah.

Her company was huge, including factories and all kinds of buildings, she got out of the car and so did I "Here we are. The place where miracles happen" I laugh at her words "What? Are you making canned beans in here?" She hits the back of my head "I'll make a canned you if you make fun of me again" I wince and rub my head with a sheepish smile, we walk into the main building and everyone starts greeting us, it was a very neat place, people were dressed like real buisness people, some even had laboratory coats on, walking around with diagrams. I look around in awe.

"shall I show you around?" Gran smirks at me and I nod "Hell yeah" and with that, we were on our way to the computer area, people working on their desks, tracking something down or just doing buisness. "all these people work for me, trying to make the world a better place" she says, the people bow to her while walking by making me chuckle. "I know, you said that like a million times" we walked around the huge first floor, it was so cool, they had the break area, the lunch room, even the toilets looked expensive, I couldn't wait to be the boss of this fine establishment.

We finally reach the elevator and go in, unexpectedly, Gran pressed the down button, making me frown "Wait... Aren't we on the first floor?" She smiles "You have seen how this buisness works, now it's time to see what this buisness does." I frown at her words, all this time, she has been so secretive about her work, so it's kind of worrying that she will show it like that. We wait in silence and finally hear the 'ding' and the doors open, revealing a small white room, with a few computers and lab coats, an entrance.

Gran walks to the masks and takes two, handing one to me and making me frown "We are entering the laboratory. It's best for us to play it safe" she puts on the medical mask and I follow. My excitement grows bigger as we approach the two giant doors. Gran opens them and we walk in.

My heart drops to the floor.

The giant white room, was filled with scientist, knives, syringes.... And hybrids... Unconscious or crying hybrids. I cover my mouth, tears building in my eyes as Gran proudly says.

"This is what we do. We are making a brighter future for all of us, Nora." She starts walking past all the medical beds and I follow, staring at the ground "I know it might seem cruel at first, but it's for a good cause. You'll get used to it after a while." She says, there were more doors to the sides of this huge room, but I didn't want to see more, only the sight of these drained, bony bodies of what used to be hybrids made me want to puke.

She walks further down until we reach another door "And this is where we keep our test subjects" she opens the door with smiling eyes, revealing a long, dirty  room made of concrete, cages on both sides, some bloody, some marked with claw marks. The whimpers and cries of the hybrids filled my ears as I held in my tears. Gran turned around and smiled "Awww, don't worry, Nora. I reacted the same way when I first got the job, but don't worry, you'll get used to it. Well then. Since we checked all the main areas, why don't we go upstairs and all show you around your new office, boss" she teased me, nudging me and and walking back while I faked a smile.

.
.
.
.
.

My grandma is the one hunting them... My grandma... Is the one torturing my friends..... The one....