Uɴᴘʟᴇᴀsᴀɴᴛ sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ

Nora's POV

I wake up to the beautiful sound of my alarm clock raping my ears, what a great start to a new day, I sigh and tilt to the other side to sleep some more but then realized something, I jump out of bed and roll on the ground to my phone, '6:59' I sigh, it took me one hour to get here, I'm never gonna make it to school.
I groan and sit up, making my way to the bathroom to take a dump and do the usual thing all normal human beings do, I hope.

I decide to go downstairs and have something to eat, while my tea was brewing I decided to take out my phone and text Emma that I won't be able to come to school, she scolds me and that's about it, after that, I take a banana and go sit down in the living room and plan on doing nothing but watching TV because that's really all I do, half an hour passes and I get bored and yawn looking outside. "Some fresh air wouldn't hurt.." I murmur, going to take a coat and a scarf, putting it over my neck, I look in the mirror and put some chapstick on. "Alright I'm single and ready to mingle"

I decide to go through the backyard because why not, it was beautiful and I'd rather stare at the beautiful mountains that one lonely road. I make my way out and am immediately welcomed by the freezing breeze, I sigh enjoying the calmness and quietness of the forest, a minute passed and I hear an animalistic cry making me jump and look around for the sound "What the fuck?"

I whisper and start going somewhere near the whimpers that are getting louder by the second 'what the fuck am I doing?' I think, getting a little nervous. The whimpers turn into cries, as I reach deeper into the woods and see a figure laying on the snow, making me freak out and do some panicked dances with my arms like I've just seen a rat.

As I slowly approach the animal (which was a stupid ass idea) I immediately figure out that it was a lynx, a fucking lynx God damnit! I swear to God my heart is gonna jump out if I don't calm down. The animal was crying in pain, making me frown and tilt my head to see what's wrong with it, only see a pool of blood, I almost blacked out. 'fuck I can't leave this dangerous animal that can kill me here' I ironically think and go closer to crouch down beside him.

He had a lot of bruises on his whole body, eyes closed, I sigh reaching my hand out to do something I don't know myself and the lynx opens his eyes growling at me, I jump up and see him glaring at me. "Hey, don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you... That is, if you don't hurt me" I mentally hit myself 'its an animal he can't understand you, idiot'

The lynx has his guard up looking if I was a threat and then relaxes closing his eyes again, making me beyond surprised, I pump myself up and go closer, it was one big cat, what was it doing here? I guess we will never know, I slowly pick him up with a lot of struggle and carry him to my house.

'im bringing a wild animal to my house, good job Nora you have officially become insane' I think to myself and open the backyard door going to the living room, the heater was on, making me sigh in relief. I gently put the overgrown cat on the sofa and wipe my sweat, he's one big cat, and heavy. I run around looking for a first aid kit and find it in the bathroom, making me immediately rush back to the cat seeing it exploring the wall in front of him with his eyes, I mean it's a pretty interesting wall.

I crack a smile sitting next to him, he glares at me, immediately making my smile drop as I roll my eyes taking out what I need for his wounds, now I ain't any doctor but I have learned some tricks through my 17 years of life. A while passed filled with me freaking out that I will do something wrong and the cat glaring at me or the wall.

I wipe my sweat for the third time sitting up straight and putting away the aid kit. "Damn who's feelings did you hurt to get a beating that hard?" I mumble falling on the couch, the lynx just stares at me, I glance at him and start staring at the wall.........

.
.
.
.
.
.

I groan getting tired of the really interesting wall but the lynx didn't get tired of staring at me and then it hit me 'maybe he's hungry' I fall on the floor face first, scaring the big cat and roll to the kitchen to get some meat. "I invited a lynx to my house, and now I'm feeding it.. meh, no big deal"

I take out the meat and have a mental fight with myself 'do I cook it or do I give it to him raw?' I give up and start cooking it, when the delicious food was done I put it on a plate and carry it back to the living room where the lynx was sniffing the couch.

I smile at his cuteness and sit down next to him, he growls, once again making me stiffen but I immediately relax seeing him avert his attention to the food, meanwhile I look at his wounds 'what the fuck? How are the wounds almost healed?!!' I ask myself and put the food next to him, he glances at me and sniffs the food, I smile "don't worry, I didn't poison the food" I laugh, he eyes me suspiciously but still devours the food, I smile at him, then I get an idea to light up the fire place.

I stand up and put a few chunks of wood inside and light it up, I smile and go sit down next to the now full lynx and an empty plate "I'm not gonna call you lynx all the time........ I'll name you Shrek....no..." I think for a while while having a staring contest with him. "I'll call you Jimin" I smile, he seems to understand everything I say and from his reaction I guess he likes it, he releases a small mewl and rests his head on my lap, leaving me frozen like a mannequin, who wouldn't? There's a wild animal on my lap!!
Soon after, sleep takes over me and I drown in a sea of dreams.