Changing tides

Nora sat anxiously, her mind racing with thoughts and worries that seemed to never cease. She felt like she was drowning in a sea of uncertainty, unable to make sense of the chaos that surrounded her. Her brow furrowed deep as she contemplated what the future could hold, fearing the worst while hoping for the best. The clock ticked loudly in the background, each chime feeling like a dagger penetrating her heart. She wished for someone to understand her struggles, to comfort her, and tell her that everything would be okay. But all she had was the deafening silence and her own turbulent thoughts. The girl let out a troubled sigh, glancing around her giant house. How could she possibly move on? She couldn't... The very thought of leaving them crushed her. Her mind raced, trying to find solutions to anything at all "DAMNIT!!!" She screamed out in frustration, slamming her fist against the wall.

Nora pov

My endless grief was interrupted by the bell ringing, My bloodshot eyes fell onto the door as I slowly made my way toward it, knuckles white from anger, I was ready to kill anyone on the other side of it. My trembling hands reached out for the handle as I swung the door open, only to be faced with a grinning woman "Happy new year!!" Emma. It was the bright Emma standing in front of me with a smile. "...Emma" My shoulders fell, surprised by her sudden visit "w... What are you doing here?" the girl's smile grew wider as she lifted her hands up, a champagne bottle and chocolate coming into my vision

"Idiot. Two days passed after New years and I didn't receive a single text from you-" She spoke, pushing past the confused me and walking to the living room. I frowned, looking outside, making sure no one followed her before closing and locking the door "- ANyway, how have you been? You look fucking wasted, did you do molly without me?" Emma smirked, putting the chocolates and champagne down before walking to grab two champagne glasses out of my cabinet "Emma, this really isn't a good time-" "- Apap... First we drink, then we discuss your teenage problems, ok?" Emma interrupted, pouring both of us a glass.

I sighed, sitting down, I might as well drink the despair away. I take the glass and gulp it all down in one swing, Emma laughs "Wow, you're really down bad, aren't you? Come, have some chocolate as well" she said, lifting the box up, I huffed, giving up to her commands as I grabbed the first one I saw and put it in my mouth..... Stop, something was off. I looked up, Emma smirking at me as I felt something weird in my mouth, a paper? I finished up the chocolate before pulling out the paper from it "Wh-" "-Today's weather is nice, isn't it?" She interrupted, her eyes never leaving me as she took a sip of her drink. I glare, looking down at the paper, two words were written on it 'I know' My eyes widened as I looked up at Emma who looked around "And you're sitting here... You will waste this whole day! Hey, what about... we go shopping!" She squealed, cogs turned in my head as I tried to connect the dots "... Yeah sure, why not"

I stood up as she jumped up from excitement, clinging to me as she tapped my shoulder "Make sure to bring your wallet, I didn't say I was gonna pay for you" She spoke, dragging me out the door "OOh! I also got a new car, wanna test it out with me?" I eyed the said car, she knew. But I didn't know what side she was on, I need to be careful about this... "Yeah, sure why not?" I hesitated as she dragged me into the car.

We have been driving for an hour as Emma didn't stop talking about the different types of shoes she wanted to get, I stared out of the window, deciding not to ask her questions just yet, she has done a great job seeming to actually just want to hang out, I better not ruin it. Finally, we reached the huge supermarket as Emma dragged me through the various stores, I couldn't concentrate, there was this screaming in my head, telling me that someone was watching us, I looked around for the 100th time, making sure I didn't see any suspicious people following us.

"OOh, I know a good store! Come" Emma yelled, grabbing me by the hand and quickly walking through the giant mall, suddenly, she took a sharp turn, dropping something in the process, making me frown as she opened one of the invisible mall doors that the workers use. Emma's smile dropped as her expression turned serious. We walked in and she didn't spare me a glance, rushing to the very end of the gray hall, I followed, confused. Finally, we reached a room at the end of the hall as Emma stopped, turning to face me and starting to search my body, I frown but comply. She finally sighs, not finding anything, her face once again lit up with a smile as she attacks me with a hug "Noraaaaa! I missed you!" I smile, hugging back, surprised. "How long did you know?... We're talking about the same thing, right?" Emma chuckled, breaking the hug "Yep, Jackson told me" I tilted my head "... Jackson?"

The girl laughed "We go to the same school, Idiot. Of course, he came to me when you and your boyfriends got in trouble" She winked, I glare at her remark, trying to contain my smirk "Watch your tongue... so... What's the plan?"

"The plan is... We destroy the SpeciesIniciative." A deep voice spoke, my head snapped to the side, seeing a smirking Jackson walk out "And you.. are going to help us, of course" He pointed at me, I frown "The... what the fuck is the SpeciesIniciative?" My words made Emma and Jackson's mouths fall "Are you... How the fuck do you not know? You've been studying to take over your Granny's company, but you didn't bother asking what it's called?" Emma asked, shocked and disgusted, My eyes widen, offended "Hey! I.. Wasn't in the right mindset to care" Emma laughed "Yeah, you're NEVER in the right mindset, girl"

Jackson huffs "Alright, Alright you two. Come on, Emma made sure to remove your tracker, so let's hope they don't find anything suspicious for a while" I frown "Wait... Is that what you threw back there?" Emma nodded "Yep, We asked another person to catch it and walk around with it for a while, so we have a few hours before they become suspicious." I smirked, proud of her "Damn, you're pretty good at this" Emma blushed, tucking a hair behind her ear "Stahp it..." Jackson huffed "Come on, you two. Let's go"