Chapter 10

"You rejected him?!" Jessica screeched.

"He was making out-"

"I don't care about that! How could you reject him that easily?"

"I got a second chance mate, alright? He's a wolf, Jess. He's my one shot at having a normal life!"

She sighed, irritated. "If you have ever listened to me, you would know that second chance mates don't exist! The moon goddess doesn't make mistakes when it comes to mates!"

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Vincent is your only mate. Can you even imagine the amount of pain he's in right now? He just got rejected by the girl he's been waiting his whole life for. Raven, go get him back. Before he does something irrational. Or worse, dies of heartbreak." She said seriously.

I nodded, fresh tears streaming down my face. How could I do that? That isn't me... That wasn't me.. It couldn't have been me.. Could it?

It was as though our bond was moving, getting smaller, somehow.

That could only mean one thing... Vince was dying..

I jolted forward, no doubt because of Jenna. 'Please! Save mate..!' She was crying inside my head.

'Oh shut up! He'll survive. God, some people are just so dramatic!' I snapped back to her.

She whimpered and exceeded back deep into my head. I sighed, running a hand through my hair, running back to my room.

***Vincent P.O.V

Pain coursed through my chest. I wish it would just all end. My beloved rejected me, for another man.

Am I not good enough? Tears brimmed my eyes as another wave of pain coursed through me.

She was suppose to save me.... I whimpered. I actually thought I loved you. Her words came to my head.

She loved me... And I blew it! Ugh, if it wasn't for that girl!

I curled up in a ball as the pain got even worse. Is she not feeling this? Does she not care?

"Raven.." I whimpered.

"Raven! Please.. I.. I love you.."

'Shhhh. I love you, too. Vince.' Her beautiful voice rang in my head.

I shot up in surprise. 'Raven?!' I cried.

'No... It's Jenna.. Please stop crying, I hate it when you cry..'

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

'Jenna?' I asked.

'Raven's wolf. Vince. Your original mate.'

My eyebrows furrowed. 'Original mate?'

'Raven is technically my host. The moon goddess chose me, also Raven, to be mated with you. I am more your mate, then Raven is. But that doesn't matter. What matters is figuring out whats wrong with Raven.'

'What do you mean?'

'Ever since Kohl came, she's been acting pretty different. More mean to me. Rejecting you is something she never would have done. I'm suspicious about Kohl.'

'Yeah... I guess. Not that you've pointed it out. Also, she didn't reject me properly..'

I could feel Jenna's happiness coarse through what was left of our bond.

'Tell me.'

'Well, my full name is Vincent Moon Pierce. She only used my first two. I'm not really sure what it does, but it means something. I know it.'

'Hmmph... I don't know... And Vince?'

'Yeah, Jenna?'

'Raven... She still loves you. And of course, I do too. But I have since we met you. Stay strong, I will make her come back to you. I love you so much Vincent. More then you'll ever know.'

'Goodbye, Jenna. I love both of you.'

---------------------

Did that explain anything?

Did ya'll enjoy? (Yeah, A Canadian that talks cowboy and all! A hybrid indeed!) Short, I know. But I have a rule! All chapters -starting from this chapter- must be five hundred words words or more.

Vote

Comment

Enjoy! -Lindsay