Chapter 20

Vincent~

I storm into the building, enraged. Her screams were all I could hear. "Raven?!" I yelled, but got no response still.

I have to get to her. I can't let her die, I wont. I focused hard, concentrating on our bond. I could feel the structure of it, almost see it. It was like a rope. Strands of it were ripped though, like it was being pulled apart.

It was strong though, I could feel that much, despite everything it's been through. I mentally grip it and close my eyes, letting it guide me.

Then, a strange, tingly feeling flowered in my chest as I let the strands of rope guide me.

The tingly feeling radiated up my arms and soon it was all over my entire body. Suddenly, I could feel her.

Raven! I shouted subconsciously.

I felt her surprise, then her relief. Vincent, I need help.. She shouted back.

Where are you? I said, trying to feel for her.

I'm- Suddenly, she was cut off.

Raven? I ask. Raven?!

Oh god.. I heard a loud piercing scream.

"Raven?!" I shouted.

Another loud scream sounded. This time though, I listened for the direction of the scream and followed it.

I came to a door, it looked to be some type of metal, probably titanium. I took a deep breath as I pulled my fist back then slammed it against the door as hard as I could.

The metal screeched as my arm pierced through it. I pulled my hand back and looked through the gaping hole I made.

I saw her. She was chained up against the wall opposite the door, and she didn't look good. I felt my heard break for her.

"Raven!" I called desperately. Please, please god just let her answer me.

She moved her head up weakly, making eye contact with me. "Help." She whimpered.

Then, her head slumped back down and I felt our bond weaken.

"Raven!" I shouted in a panic.

I took a couple steps back, then ran toward the heavy door, my body using all of it's force to somehow destroy it.

The door once again reacted with a shriek and completely came off its hinges, falling to the floor with a loud 'bang!'.

I immediately flitted toward her and broke the chains off her wrists. I took her limp body into my lap and stroked her soft face gently. "Please." I begged. "Stay with me, love."

I felt her breathe in deeply, her chest expanding widely against mine and I heard as she exhaled, the sound of her heart giving one last final surge.

Then, there was nothing.

-------------fin-------------

No I'm just joking, I wouldn't end it there!

The title says 'on hold' but I figure I would at least try to finish my first literary experience without procrastinating. But we see how well that went.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember to

Vote

Comment

Share!