Chapter 21- The End

Listen to the song if you'd like to cry

Vincent~

I stared longingly at her still, pale form.
IV's were attached to her hand, machines connected to her, keeping her body in order. The doctors had said there was too much internal damage for her to survive on her own.

If I had been there sooner.. Done more for her. A frustrated growl escaped my lips as I ran my fingers through my hair already messy hair- this was my fault!

I could fully turn her into a vampire, but that would kill Jenna. And I couldn't do that, not after everything else I costed her, she would hate me even more.

I hadn't moved out of this chair once, not even to feed. And it was starting to get to me. The white walls, the sterile smell. The almost constant sound of her heart beating.
I could tell her body was weakening. Her heartbeat, the sound I once found comfort, tortured me. I couldn't fix her! My own beloved!

My heart clenched and mind went back to all the good times we had together. Her laugh; oh the crisp, sweet sound. I missed her voice, I hadn't heard it in so long.

The sound of the heart monitor caught my attention. There was a small alarm that went off, signalling that her blood pressure was increasing alarmingly as well as her heart rate.

"No." I whispered.

I stood up in a flash and got closer to her, and my muscles ached in protest. I touched her smooth face, she was almost the same temperature as me.

"God, no." I could hear the panic and desperation in my own voice.
"Please." My voice cracked and I squeezed my eyes shut as tears pooled. I opened them and the monitor showed as her heartbeat grew more rapid. A tear rolled down my cheek. I know I have to do it now, I have to tell her it's okay to let go.

I grasped her pale, cold hand gently. "It's okay Raven. You can let go now, I love you." My own voice sounded distant to me.

Her soft voice rang through my head in a gentle whisper. "I love you too, Vincent."

And the line on the monitor sped up even faster, then suddenly stopped to a halt. I felt tears brimming my eyes and I gasped in anguish. Time seemed to slow as I turned from her now lifeless body.

I barely got to the door before I collapsed on my knees in agony, my hands pulling my hair from my scalp. Tears were constantly flowing down my face and sobs wracked my body.

I let myself slowly glance back to her body. She was still. Much, much too still. I sped to her, and grasped her face in my hands for one last time. I looked into her dead eyes and bit my lip in pain.

"I'm sorry." The words passed though my lips in a pathetic whisper. "I'm sorry I failed you. As a mate, as a lover, and as a friend.  We were meant to be so much more than this... We were meant to fall in love, fight about stupid, silly things and then make up, because we both realized that we'd loved each other and how stupid we were being. I'm sorry you never got that chance. I'm sorry I couldn't be more for you..." I wailed.

Exhausted, I slumped down and said into the crook of her neck,
"Raven, I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~not gonna say anything, bye~~