Luisa: The weight of the world

Description: You work at a bakery with your parents and are currently dating Luisa. Dolores, your best friend, tells you about Luisa's gift fading and you comfort her.

Ship: Luisa x fem!reader

Warnings: Not a warning but, Sad Luisa.

---------
"Two chocolate croissants please y/n!" A customer called from the cash.

"Coming right up!" I slide back towards the front of the store, grabbing two croissants and placing them in the oven to heat up before placing them in a bag and handing them to Carlos on the opposite side of the front counter.

"You know, you aren't helping me with my diet," He chuckled, patting his stomach.

"Your diet would be bad for business!" I laughed, taking his money and handing him his change, "Same time tomorrow?"

"Oh, most likely!" He waved goodbye, biting into his pastry before exiting the store.

"Y/n!" My mother called from the back of the store.

I looked around frantically, not wanting to leave the store front unattended.

"I've got this," My brother smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder and nodding towards our mother in the back.

As much as I pretend to find Marco annoying, I couldn't help but be grateful for his company and his help.

"What's up Mama?" I asked, looking around for her.

"Back here!" She called again.

I followed her voice only to find her hidden under some fallen bags of flour.

"Mama!" I rushed over to pull the flour off her, only to end up falling down beside her, getting flour all over my apron and in my hair.

She let out a loud laugh, "Well I wanted your help at first, but I suppose we aren't very good at that huh?"

I laughed with her, "Come on Mama, the lunch rush is over but Marco will need your help out there!"

"Are you off then?" She asked, wiping her hands on her apron.

I smiled at her action, it did nothing to clean her up, "Yeah, I'm off to meet Dolores at Casita! She said she needed to talk to me about something, which can only mean town gossip."

"Well don't forget to let me know if there is anything interesting!" She smiled, giving me a hug.

"Mama! I have to go!" I giggled, pushing her off me and rushing out the door.

I didn't bother changing. The town knew me enough to know I was usually covered in flour. I made my way to Casita in record time. I dusted my hands on my skirt before walking in.

"Y/n!" Antonio called, rushing over to me, "You're covered in flour!"

I dumped some of the flour from my apron onto his head, "And now so are you!"

I laughed and ruffled his hair. He giggled and tried to pat the flour out.

"Do you know where-"

"Luisa's out back!" He told me with a smile.

"Oh! Actually I'm looking for Dolores!"

"Here I am!" She smiled, "I heard you come in."

She gave a little squeak before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the dinning hall. She stopped at the table and took a quick look around before pausing to listen for anyone coming.

"What's going on?" I asked, not continuing and she placed her finger on my lips to shush me.

I rolled my eyes but patiently waiting for her to be done.

"Alright, I have to tell you something about Luisa," She whispered.

"What about Luisa?" I asked slowly, growing nervous of the response.

"You can't tell her that I told you this, she doesn't want you to know but I know you need to."

"Lore, you're scaring me. What's going on with Luisa? Should I be worried?"

"She's losing her gift."

"She's what? Is that even possible? What's does that even mean for her?" I asked, my head filling with questions.

"What does that mean for who?" I heard a voice ask at the open window.

"Luisa!" I said surprised, turning towards her.

I glanced back at where Dolores was standing, only to find it empty.

"You're covered in flour mi amor," She laughed, stepping through the side door and running her hand through my hair, "Seriously y/n! It's everywhere!"

I gave her a half smile, trying not to give away my concern and, as per usual, failing miserably.

"What's going on? Why do you look so worried?" She asked, brushing off my shoulders and lifting my head to look into her eyes.

"I'm not supposed to know this. It's nothing something I was supposed to be told, however, I was and know I can't pretend I don't know," I started word vomiting and wondered if she understood what I was saying.

"Dolores told you?" She asked softly, this time unable to meet my eyes. She sighed and sat down on one of the chairs.

"Lu. I don't understand how this could be happening? 'Losing her gift'? What's does that even mean?"

"It means what it sounds like. I'm not as strong as I usually am and some things that should be simple feel like they are draining my energy," She sighed again and patted her knee.

I took that as a sign to sit down and obliged. I rested my head on her shoulder and drew pattered on the arm that was now wrapped around my wrist.

"I just feel like-" She trailed off.

"Like what?"

"Like, without my gift, what am I good for?"

My heart stopped for a moment as she spoke. My head shot up and I placed my hand on her cheek, turning it towards me.

"Your 'gift' is not what makes you special Luisa Madrigal," I told her sternly, forcing her to keep eye contact with me, "Your gift only enhances how special you are. With are without the strength you are still Luisa Madrigal. You are still Maribel's sister, you are still Julieta's daughter, you are still my girlfriend, and you are still you. And it's you that makes the gift special, not the gift that makes you special."

A tear rolled down her cheek and I was quick to wipe it away.

"You won't give up on me without a gift?" She whispered.

"Never."

I brought her face to mine and placed a light kiss on her lips, careful to ensure it didn't go much further than that. I pulled away and gave her a soft smile. She wrapped me in a hug, placing her chin on my head and whispered an I love you.

"I love you too Luisa Madrigal. No matter what is to come, you will always be my love and my life."