Camilo: Dont say a word (part 2)

Description: Part two of the first Camilo story. In this, you guys begin to date and you can finally understand some of the struggles of dating a Madrigal.

Ship: Camilo x new girlfriend!reader

Warnings: none

————————
"Come on!" I giggled, dragging his arm up the stairs towards Mirabel's room, "I need to make sure her and I are on good terms. It's priority number one."

"You know what my priority number one is?" He asked.

"What?"

He pulled me back by my waist and spun me around, planting a soft kiss on my cheek, "This."

I let out a small gasp in surprise.

"Next will be your lips, I just didn't want to scare you," He smirked and let me go, allowed me to hide my now blushing face.

"I- Just hurry up. The fact we do this the faster we can do something else," I told him, finally arriving at Mirabel's door and banging on it lightly.

She opened it with a smile but the smile faded into a look of worry when she saw who it was, "Look, y/n, I'm sorry ok. It's just, you started ranting and I just figured, that was the perfect opportunity for him to finally hear how you felt!"

I grabbed Camilo's hand and pulled him beside me, giving Mirabel an eye roll, "I won't stand for it again, but, it seemed to work this time."

She opened her door all the way and stared at us with a big happy smile. She put one hand on my shoulder and one hand on Camilo's, looking at us a moment longer before pulling us into a hug.

"Oh! My best friend and my second favourite cousin, together!" She said happily.

"Wait, second favourite? Who said I was your second favourite? I'm not your favourite cousin? Between a child, me, and an eavesdropper, I'm not the favourite!" Camilo asked in pure shock.

"I don't eavesdrop!" His older yelled, slamming the door to her room behind her.

I tried not to laugh but enjoyed smiling, my heart filled with absolute love and adoration—not just for Camilo—for the whole family. Camilo finally grabbed my hand and hugged away, not before assuring Mirabel his favourite cousin was Isabela. This time I did laugh, knowing there was no way he liked Isabela over Mirabel. He liked annoying her more but when it came to actually favourites, everyone knew Mirabel took home that trophy. The entire family had a special place in their hearts for her, being the only one without a gift. It did make me happy to see how much the family tried to assure Mirabel she meant just as much as anyone else.

"Where are we going?" I asked after a few minutes of Camilo pulling my arm. We were way past his door and were now making our way out of Casita. The sky was darker and I was hoping to start getting home soon; Camilo seemed to have other plans.

"Since exploring the city, I have been hoping to find someone special enough to bring here. Well, I finally found her," He smiled fondly at me, pausing in front of an overgrowth of trees.

"It's a bush," I hesitated, "Thanks?"

He shook his head and reached his hand out for it, pulling away at the leaves and uncovering a beautiful pond filled with waterlilies. I widened my eyes, letting go of his hand and stepping in. Lightning bugs flashed and the water seemed to have some sort of bioluminescent algae, casting a blue and green filter over everything. It was absolutely amazing and I was completely speechless. How had I never seen this place before? I turned back to look at him and he stood at the entrance with his arms crossed and his eyebrows raised, smirking and leaning against a tree.

"Pretty sick right?"

"It's amazing! How on earth did you find this place?"

"After my mom had Antonio, all Abuela could talk about was him. Worrying about whether or not Antonio would have a gift and I just felt overwhelmed. Like, what if I was the last Madrigal kid with a gift? So one night, I snuck out, and I found this place. And I don't come here often, usually when I need to clear my head."

"I'm so sorry you had to feel like that," I said softly, walking over to him and placing my hand on his arm.

He looked over at me and shook his head, clearing his mind from the memories, "It doesn't matter. What matters now is that I'm here with you."

He took my hand and led me further in. A weeping willow tree hung its branches over the pond and he sat us down underneath it. I continued looking around but felt his gaze linger on my face.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful I think you are?" He whispered, turning my head towards him.

I blushed and looked down at the ground. He leaned in until he was mere centimetres away from my face and softly whispered, "Can I kiss you?"

I nodded slowly and he planted a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled into it and pulled away. I tried not to be shy but I couldn't help it. I looked away again and Camilo pulled my head back using his hands, this time keeping them on my cheeks. I locked eyes with him, willing myself to stay focused on his eyes.

"Don't tell Mirabel any of this," I whispered, "I know she's my best friend but, this," I gestured between the two of us, "I want this to stay with us. I just might be in love with you and that secret is only for you."