Dolores: You'll never guess what I heard

Description: You have had a crush on Dolores for years and when she decides to rant about all the gossip in town, you can't help but stare at her.

Ship: Dolores x crush!reader

Warnings: none

————————
"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" Dolores shouted as I walked into Casita.

She ran up to me and grabbed my arm, jumping up and down in excitement. I looked at her, full of amusement. I've always found Dolores attractive and realized, about a year ago, I had developed a crush on her. For fear of ruining our friendship, I kept my feelings hidden and shared them with no one. I couldn't risk her overhearing and I couldn't bare the idea of losing our friendship because of a silly crush.

"You'll never guess what I heard!" She exclaimed, a smile growing on her face.

"What?" I asked.

Being able to hear everything definitely had its perks. Dolores was able to eavesdrop on conversations that happened houses away and usually had lots of gossip to share with me. Of course, she didn't use her gift for gossiping in ways that would hurt others, but she did enjoy sharing her discoveries with me.

"Ok you have to come with me, this is so good!" She grabbed my hand and I tried to ignore the butterflies that developed in my stomach as she pulled me towards her room.

Her room, once developed, was completely sound proof and was filled with all things soft and comfortable. I smiled in delight, grabbing a soft lilac fluffy blanket off a pile of others and wrapping it around my shoulders. I gave myself a minute to soak in the coziness of blanket before going over and sitting on her bed beside her. She shifted around so she lay on the bottom end of the bed, looking at me and propped up on her elbow. I too shifted around so I was leaning against the headboard and I gave her a nod, encouraging her to continue with her story.

"Oh my, you are going to freak out!" She said, emphasizing the 'freak'.

"Ok well do tell! Don't leave me in any more suspense!"

"Ok so you know Mr. and Mrs. Hernando right? They live above the florist shop—why do we even have that, Isa can just make flowers. You know what? Never mind—I heard them talking last night," She looked at me with a smile, her eyes growing wide in excitement.

"Dolores! What did you hear!"

She giggled, "I know this is bad. And I want you to know that this fact doesn't make me happy. It's just, it's been so long since there was something interesting to talk about and I just know you'll find this interesting."

"I swear, I'm going to leave if you keep putting this off," I started to get up but paused when she finally blurted her secret out.

"She was cheated on!" Dolores clapped a hand over her mouth, still unable to remove the inappropriate-for-the-conversation smile off her face.

"Wow."

"I know right. Ok so I heard them talking about it last night and I had this suspicion that something was happening but I guess he's been keeping it pretty hidden because even I was surprised when I heard."

"Ok run through the whole thing with me," I told her, genuinely interested now.

"Well she got home yesterday, much earlier than expected. He had been home "sick" and so I'm sure she expected him to be laying in bed, alone, and sick," She continued telling me about the events that led up to the discovery but I found myself getting lost in the way she looked.

Everything about her was absolute perfection and I couldn't help but stare, especially since she was right here. The way her hands fluttered when she was telling a story, the movement of her chest as it rose and fell with her breath.

"Y/n? You still there?" She asked, waving her hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Oh yes sorry, please continue."

"Right, so she opens the door and walks in the house. She didn't greet him or say hi from the door which makes me think she also had her suspicions. While she's getting home, her husband has yet to hear her. Now here's where things get interesting because this new women has said that she thinks she can hear Mrs. Hernando,"

Has she always been this beautiful? I've never noticed the dimple in her right cheek when she smiles, or the way her ears move when she is happy. Now they are all I can see.

"Mrs. Hernando storms into the room after hearing this and catches them red handed! Now at this point, she is beyond mad,"

Her eyebrows furrow when she tells stories and her nose scrunches when she is angry or uncomfortable.

"And Mr. Hernando starts telling her it's her own fault for being away so often. Now I'm angry and I'm not even there! Mrs. Hernando starts to cry and the worst part, this new women is STILL there! Mrs. Hernando is yelling and her husband is yelling and,"

Her eyes look so big, so full of excitement right now. Her skin looks so flawless, so soft.

"Are you sure you're ok? You seem to be zoning out. I thought you'd be all over this story," She told me, furrowing her eyebrows.

I didn't answer her and instead moved closer. She sat up and looked at me confused but didn't back away. I inched forward until there was only a few inches of space between us.

"What are you doing?" She whispered softly as I placed my hand on her cheek.

"I'm in love with you. It's the one secret you haven't known and now you do."

She opened her mouth and widened her eyes in shock.

"I want to kiss you," I whispered, slowly moving my head towards her, "But I need you to tell me if that's ok."

She nodded her head but I didn't accept that, "You need to use words Dolores. I need you to be one hundred percent ok with this. I don't want you to regret the chance you have now to say no."

"Kiss me," She whispered.

I didn't waste any time and quickly pushed my lips onto hers, tilting her head with my hand and using the other to hold her waist and bring her closer to me. She deeper the kiss and softly moved she she was straddling my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. She pulled away for a second, breathing deeply to fill her lungs with lost oxygen before smiling softly at me.

"I've wanted to do that for years," She confessed, looking away shyly.

I turned her face back to me and brushed a strand of hair from her face, "What stoped you?"

"I was scared you wouldn't feel the same way. I've wanted all of you for as long as I can remember and I hated the fact that I was too scared to tell you."

"No need to be scared now love, I'm all yours."