Pepa: You are my sunshine

Description: Request from @cloudy_xz "Nobody has done this before but how how Pepa x a reader or felix, or Mirabel's mom idk just some ideas I had" (Side note I just realized this is the second request I've done from this account so I promise I'll get to others as well, I just wanted to switch up the ships!)

Ship: Pepa x female!reader

Warnings: Sad Pepa :(

------------------------------

"Where is she?" I mumbled to myself, looking around for my girlfriend.

Pepa and I had been dating for five years now and there wasn't a moment that when by when I didn't feel absolutely in love with her. We had just been around a group of friends when I had left to go to the washroom. When I had gotten back, she was no where to be seen. Her sister, Julieta, had told me what happened. Like usual, someone had made an offhanded comment about her gift causing her to get upset. Julieta had tried to jump in but she had always been a bit shy. It was a common trait in Pepa and her siblings. Of course those people waited to comment until I had left and for a moment I felt guilty I hadn't been there to protect her from those harsh words. Instead of beating the shit out of the commenter like I wanted to, I was told by Julieta to go and find Pepa. I took a deep breath and began my search. Usually it was easy to find her. I just needed to look for a dark cloud and she was usually underneath; all I could see today was clear skies.

"Pepa!" I called out again, pulling out an orange from my pocket.

I usually kept one or two on me at all times. They seemed to be one of her favourite foods and it was an easy way to bring her mind away from the anger or hurt and focus her on the moment.

"Pepa, come on," I whispered, turning towards a farmer's field.

That's when I heard her. I whipped my head around, catching glimpses of a thundercloud quickly followed by half-hearted affirmations. I walked towards her voice and pushed away some corn stalks. She was sitting cross-legged, running her hands through her hair, with her eyes closed.

"Hey," I said softly, ensuring I didn't scare her.

She took one look at me and burst into tears, the storm cloud finally opening. Rain fell from the cloud as I took a seat beside her.

"You're going to get all wet," She mumbled, trying to inch away from me.

"A little rain never hurt anyone," I told her, pulling her back towards me and wrapping my arms around her, "What did they say Pepi?"

"They called me a bomb. They told me I would never amount to anything because all I was good at was ruining everyone's day."

Thunder sounded from above us and I looked up, keeping my arms on her.

"It's not true mi vida," I whispered in her ear, moving my hands up to her shoulders to try and calm the storm, "You are so perfect, so so perfect."

The thunder stopped and it was only a light rain now. I handed her the orange from my pocket and she looked up at me with big watery eyes.

"I wish everyone looked at me the way you do," She told me, opening the orange.

The rain stopped and now only the dark cloud remained. She sighed and leaned into my arms, closing her eyes.

"Listen to me," I whispered, beginning the words of affirmation process, "You are amazing. They say those things because they don't realize all you can do. All they want to see are the darker moments and therefore they miss you in your prime. They miss all you can do. You can make it snow when heatwaves start in the summer. You can make it rain when the crops are drying out. You can make a rainbow and a double rainbow. You do everything you can to ensure everyone around you is perfectly happy. You push yourself so far so it's no wonder you breakdown sometimes. But screw what they think Pepa. Look at me."

She turned around to face me and I tucked her wet, curly, orange hair behind her ears. The cloud was almost gone now and we both sat in cold wet clothes.

"It doesn't matter what they think of you. They don't know you. I do Pepi. You are my sunshine. You are the lightning to my thunder, the stares to my moon, you are everything to me."

"Even when I make it rain and your clothes get all wet?"

"Especially then."

She smiled and looked down. I stood up and held my hands out for her to take and stand up. She did so and I pulled her in for a hug, rubbing circled on her back and placing light kisses on her shoulder, "Come on, let's get you home and changed."

We walked hand in hand, not bothering to hide the fact that it was clearly raining before. Some people gave us funny looks, most didn't care.

"Oh Pepa!" Julieta called, rushing over to us and hugging her sister, "I was so worried about you!"

"I'm okay Jules, really," She assured her sister, lacing her fingers with mine again after letting go of my hand to hug her sister.

"Come on mi amor, we need to get out of these clothes," I told her, smiling at Julieta and pulling Pepa towards her room.

I always loved her room. It wasn't big and fancy like her siblings. It was simple looking and didn't look like it was filled with magic. It was covered in wallpaper that changed its design depending on her mood, a queen sized bed in the middle of the room, a cedar chest and wardrobe, and bedside table with a small glass tube that showed the weather outside. Currently, the wallpaper showed partly cloudy skies and the weather tube showed bright sunny skies.

I walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out a sunny yellow tee for her along with some comfy pants, and grabbed a sweater and leggings for myself.

"There we go," I sighed, leaning back on her bed and opening my arms for her to lay beside me.

She did so willingly, turning her body to rest her head on my shoulder and look up at me with a big smile.

"I adore you mi vida," She whispered closing her eyes.

I kissed the top of her head and ran my hands through her hair, "I love you more."