Bruno: Mi amor

Description: After your boyfriend's niece, Mirabel, didn't get a gift during her ceremony, he vanishes. After ten long years, you finally see him again.

Ship: Bruno x female!reader

Warnings: None

—————————
"What is going on!" My boyfriend's mother asked herself in fear, pacing back and forth across the kitchen. She had been doing this for the past forty-five minutes and I couldn't lie and say it wasn't getting on my nerves.

I was sitting on the kitchen table, playing with my boyfriends hair as he sat on a chair just below me. He never bothered styling it; however, similar to his niece, given this gift of perfection, it was never a mess. My fingers raked through his curls and I watched as his shoulders grew more tense. The conversation was heating up as the family came up with possible explanations for what had just happened. In over forty years, no one had ever come up empty handed when being presented their gift door and yet, that was the case tonight.

"Brunito," His mother said, coming up to him, "You need to have a vision. What's going on with the magic? I need to know."

He shifted uncomfortably in his chair and I placed my hands on his shoulders to try and ease some of the anxiety. He glanced up at me for a moment to show me he noticed my little gesture and he placed one of his hands on mine before turning back to his mother, the anxiety creeping back into his eyes.

"Mama, I don't know. What if-"

"Bruno, please," She looked at his eyes with her own pleading ones.

I glanced at his sisters, who shared their mother's look of fear. He looked up as well at his sister Julieta, Mirabel's mother. Her eyes were filled with tears and unanswered questions and I can't help but believe it was her eyes that finalized his decision.

"Alright, I'll do it."

His mother pulled him into a hug before he stood up and left the kitchen, grabbing my hand and dragging me with him. He said nothing but walked me up to the door of his room in the casa. He paused at the door and held both my hands in his, looking me in the eyes. He broke the hold to run a hand across my cheek, then went back to holding both my hands. I gave them a squeeze and then him a soft smile.

"What's wrong mi amor?" I whispered.

"What is going to happen to Mirabel after this vision?"

"I don't know, but what if it's something good? Mi amor, I know this gift has caused some to look at you as something of a 'curse', but I believe in you. I always have."

"I know you have," He said softly, looking down.

"Whatever you see won't make me look at you any different. The visions are our of your control right?"

He nodded and kissed my knuckles, leaving his lips there for a few extra seconds, before taking a deep breath. I smiled at his gesture and placed a kiss on his forehead. He looked back up into my eyes and sighed deeply. The eye contact finally broke as he turned the doorknob and stepped through the opening of the door, "I'll see you in a few minutes."

With that the door closed and I was surrounded by darkness. These visions usually took somewhere between 20-30 minutes, depending on how tired he got climbing the stairs to and from his vision room. I sat down and leaned against the wall, content to wait for him to return. I let my eyes drift close while I waited. If the vision was intense or had too many parts, it could take over an hour and it was already late in the evening. Sleep came over me quicker than expected and I didn't awake until I felt someone shaking my arm softly. I smiled as I woke, opening my eyes and expecting to see Bruno's dark green ones staring back at me. What I didn't expect was the hazel eyes of Julieta. I shifted myself to a straighter position, moving out of the slump I had fallen into during my sleep. I looked at her with confusion and only then noticed she had not come alone. I peered behind her, catching the eyes of Alma, Pepa, Felix, and Agustin.