Isabela: Underneath all that

Description: Request by akasus "Enemies to lovers Isabela x Fem! Reader she/her pronouns". You grew up hating Isabela. The Madrigal sister was perfect, annoyingly perfect. You were friends with Dolores and couldn't stand how the family seemed to praise Isabela for doing practically nothing at all. One day, you begin to realize Isabela wasn't all that she appeared to be.

Ship: Isabela x fem!reader

Warnings: None.

—————————
"Oh y/n, she's not that bad!" Dolores said, pulling my arm towards Casita.

"Dolores, she's insufferable. She walks around like 'oh look at me! I'm Isabela Madrigal! I'm perfect! I make flowers and everyone loves me!' Ugh!" I responded, doing my best Isabela impression.

"Come on, she doesn't sound like that!"

"Dolores she does though. All high pitched and 'me me me'"

"Well, then let's hope we don't run into her hm?"

"Seriously," I rolled my eyes and followed her through the door, greeting the Casita with a smile.

"Oh! Hello y/n! Dolores, vida, you girls off to your room?" Dolores's dad greeted us.

"Hi Felix! Yup we're off to do what young adult females do!"

He tried to respond with something witty but only came up with a chuckle before walking away.

"Let's go," Dolores laughed, pulling me up the stairs.

"No, I know! And I mean it's not all flowers and—hey! Watch it!" Isabela said, bumping into me and giving me a face full of flowers.

I stumbled back and looked at her with annoyance. I brushed the flowers off my shoulders and spit out petals that had found their way into my mouth.

"Ugh! Are you always in the way like this?!" She fumed, dusting off her dress and sending me a glare."

"Oh I'm so sorry your highness. You know some of us actually have important things today, maybe try not being so full of yourself you can't even look where you're going?"

"Full of myself?" She looked like she was in between absolute anger and hurt, "You don't know anything about me and you want to assume I'm full of myself?"

"Given what I've seen, it's a pretty safe bet."

"You bitch!" She screamed, dark red flowers blooming in her hair and her fists filling with petals.

"Come on y/n!" Dolores said, looking between the two of us and deciding to remove me from the situation.

"You have no idea what I go through! You have zero right to judge me!" Isabela called after us.

I could only roll my eyes, happy when Dolores finally shut the door behind us.

"Wow," Was all she could say, standing back to let me explain myself.

"She started it!" I said, very childlike, as I pointed to the door where we had last seen Isabela.

Dolores tapped her foot on the ground, raising her eyebrow and looking at me with more intensity.

"She just thinks she can do whatever she wants without consequences because she pretty and perfect Isabela Madrigal!"

"I don't think she feels as perfect as she presents herself."

"You think she's insecure? Have you met her? That girl has been praised and treasured her whole life. She must have such a big ego and being on her side only lets it grow."