Mirabel: It started with a snow storm

Description: 60 years in the future, you and your wife are telling your grandchildren how you met when you guys were only 15.

Ship: Mirabel x female!reader (ages 75)

Warnings: none

————————
"My love, please sit," I encouraged my wife, holding my hand out from the chair I was sitting in.

She sighed but listened to what I had asked, sitting down and flashing me the same smile that made me fall in love with her all those years ago. We had our three grandchildren over for the weekend and I wouldn't lie and say the kids didn't cause Mirabel and I any stress. Of course we loved them more than anything, but they are so young and full of energy and we aren't as energetic as we're 60 years ago. They were now ages 9, 8, 5 and they had the stamina of a race hours on steroids. I couldn't even imagine how I used to hold that much energy in my body. They raced into the room and skidded to a halt in front of us.

"Can you tell us a story?" The eldest asked us, sitting cross legged on the floor.

Her siblings followed and looked at us with big eyes. I looked over at Mirabel with a little smirk. She understood exactly what I was trying to get across and nodded her head.

"Well, I'm not sure," She told them, tapping her finger on her chin and pretending to think.

"Please Abuela and Grams!" The middle exclaimed, clasping his hands in what looked like a prayer.

"If you really are sure, I think we might have one story in our brains we haven't shared yet," I smiled, placing my hand over my wife's, "It started with a snow storm."

"The coldest one we had ever had in our Encanto, only eight months before the mountain split and it was just our village," Mira continued, "I was living in my family's Casita while your Grams was living with her parents above their family's shop."

"What type of shop?" The eldest interrupted.

"We sold fabrics and thread. It was quiet a common practice back then," I told her with a smile, "Before today, your Abuela and I had never met. Of course I knew of the 'Amazing Madrigal's' but I had never actually met one."

Since we were kids, the Madrigal family had grown tremendously. Mirabel and I were the only set of Madrigal grandparents with no gifted kids but we couldn't ask for anything better.

"We were fifteen, still just kids. During that cold day, my family and I had a lot of business. Folks needed to buy fabric for their coats and socks. It was so busy!"

"I was running from my sisters at that time, your great tia Luisa had sprung a game of tag on me and there was no way I was losing. I raced into Grams' shop, hoping to hide amongst the crowed."

"I noticed her come in and she ran to the very back of the store, the part meant for employees only, so of course I needed to follow her and remind her what parts of the shop were actually open. I managed to push my way through the crowed and slip behind the curtain that lead me to the back. The back of the store was a mess, we had not done any inventory stocking over the winter months and stray pieces of fabric and empty rolls covered the shelves and floors of the room."

"It was the perfect place to hide!" Mira exclaimed, letting out a laugh.

I smiled and shook my head, "I had to step over boxes and rolls, only to find her huddled behind a box of twine, covering her mouth."

*flash back to that day*

"What- What are you doing back here?" I asked the girl on my shelf.

"Sh! She might hear you!" The girl grabbed my hand and pulled me beside her, peering out behind the box then placing her hand over my mouth.

I tried to make a sound but her hand had made it hard to get any words out.

"What?" She whispered, removing her hand.

"I can't breathe!"

"Oh! Sorry."

We both sat in silence for a moment, I wanted to know what she was doing but the curiosity overtook me and I chose not to ask.

"I'm hiding from my sister," She answered my unasked question, "This place is so busy so I thought why not hide here?"

"In the back of my store? In the 'employees only' section? Without permission?"

"I didn't say it was a good plan but I didn't have a lot of time to hide. We are in an intense game of tag and I can't afford to lose again."

"I feel like I recognize you? Do we have classes together?"

"I'm a- Actually, yes," She seemed to hesitate on her answer but I chose not to over think it.

We were quiet for a bit longer.

"How long do you plan on staying here?" I asked her, thinking the store would close soon.

"Can I stay until close?"

"I mean, I guess so."

"Thanks! I'm Mirabel," She put her hand out for me to shake.

I did just that, trying my hard to ignore the spark that lit in my soul when our hands connected, "Y/n."

*end of flashback*

"You knew the moment you saw each other! It must have been fate!" The oldest said, placing her hands over her heart and falling back dramatically.

I leaned over a placed a kiss on my wife's cheek, earning a smile from her, "It must have been fate."

"Must have been."

"That's disgusting!" Our middle grandson said, grossed out by our kiss.

"That's love, my dear!" Mira told him, smiling at each of our little angels.

"One day, you will all meet the one. And you may not know it right away but if you give it a chance and you are open to what may be, I promise you too will find your everything."