Camilo: Closure

Description: After finding out your dad did not die and actually left you when you were very young, Camilo, your best friend, shape-shifts into him so you can get closure by telling him how you feel.

Ship: Camilo x friend!reader

Warnings: Father figure leaving at a young age, crying, yelling, swearing

————————
"Hey kiddo!" My best friend said, ruffling my hair.

Camilo was older than me by a whole 9 days and he never let me forgot it. Calling me kiddo had become an inside joke when we were eight. He had overheard Agustin say it to me and, since then decided he too needed to use the name on me. It used to bother me but I had grown to like it. It was our little inside joke.

"What's up?" I asked, turning around to face him.

"You looked like you were leaving so I was wondering where you were going."

"Home? Camilo I've been here for almost a week. My mother probably thinks Pepa and Felix have adopted me by now!"

"They should! We could be best friends and siblings! It would be great!"

I rolled my eyes. Camilo and I had become friends very early on in our lives. He had found me sitting alone on the play yard as a young child and shapeshifted to make me laugh. We had since been inseparable and the town would always laugh at us together. There were some that asked why we weren't dating but we honestly had no interest in pushing our relationship to that level. We were best friends and that was that.

"Not going to happen Madrigal! I have to go home. You are free to walk me?" I said, hoping he would go with me.

"Well, since you can barely function without me," He started walking, leaving me to catch up.

"Me barely function? Have you seen yourself? 'Oh where's y/n, where's y/n?'. Face it! You're obsessed with me."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night!" He shrugged his shoulders and laughed.

I shook my head. We continued to talk about nothing as we walked back to my house. My mother and I were never that close and my father had died when I was just a baby so the Madrigals had always been like my second family. At home, I often felt uncomfortable. Like I had to try and be something I wasn't to ensure my mom wasn't upset over my father. It was tiring to say the least but at least I had an escape when I was with the Madrigals.

"You cool if I just drop you off at the front door?" Camilo asked, looking wearily at my house.

I knew it was uncomfortable for him as well, "Of course. I don't even blame you."

He smiled and nudged my shoulder, "I'll see you later yeah?"

"Yup! How's 7am tomorrow?"

"7am! Don't you think that's a little... late? How about 5:30-6:00am?"

"That right there? That is why you are my best friend."

He gave me another smile and some sort of bow before saluting and walking back to his place. I shook my head and laughed, pulling my keys out and fitting them into the lock. To my surprise, it was already open. My mother wasn't supposed to be home until much later so the unlocked door raised many questions. I pushed it open and stepped inside, noticing the lights were on in the kitchen and living room.

"Mom?" I called out, closing the door behind me and placing my key on the side table by the door.

"Oh y/n!" She said, rushing out of the living room and greeting me at the door, "There is someone here to see you."