Camilo: For now and always

Description: Request by CryogenicRose "Gender fluid Camilo × fem reader plz if you have the time?". This will be about spending an afternoon with your partner Camilo and helping them choose something to wear from Dolores's closet.

Ship: Gender fluid!Camilo x fem! reader

Warnings (please read): This is my first time writing a gender fluid character. I've done pretty heavy research and have followed many gender fluid influencers to understand how gender fluidity works and how to write it for a character. I identify as a cisgender female and so please try to understand that while I am going to do my absolute best to portray gender fluidity properly in a character, my knowledge will never be as high as someone who identifies as gender fluid. If you have any concerns with my writing or notice something that needs changing/removing/rewording, please bring it to my attention so I can make sure everyone is comfortable reading this story.

—————————
"Amor!" I sing-songed into Casita.

I had just gotten off work and was hoping for some much needed cuddle time with the absolute love of my life. Sure Camilo and I were younger then most end-game couples, but no one could deny we were meant for each other.

"Cami-oh!" I bumped into someone, not fully paying attention to where I was walking, "Oh! Pepa! I'm so sorry, I was looking for Camilo and-"

She laughed and shook her head, "You kids remind me so much of Felix and I when we were younger. I'm so happy you two have each other."

I small rain cloud had formed over her head, thinking about Camilo and I. I smiled up at her, "You're too sweet. I hate to rush out but I really need to find Camilo. Have any idea where they are?"

"Probably upstairs. I believe they expressed they were feeling a bit more feminine today and are probably raiding Dolores's closet."

"Oh boy, does Dolores know?"

"Sure do!" Camilo's sister shouted back making us laugh.

"Well it was good to see you Pepa! I'm off to Dolores's room it would seem."

The women smiled at me and continued about her day as I ran up the stairs. Casita must have seen I was in a hurry and moved the wooden floor so I was able to slide along it. It was this part of Casita that always made me hate going back home. It was so convenient here.

"Camilo!" I called out, knocking on the door of their sister's room.

I opened it up a crack and smiled, no wonder my voice was falling on unhearing ears. The room was soundproofed to keep Dolores's sanity. It was covered in sound proof padding and Dolores had hung thick blankets on the walls to drown out the sound even more. Camilo stood in front of the closet, hands on hips. I looked at them with a smile on my face. Camilo was a bit taller than me, with a mess of curly brown hair. The signature white button up and yellow ruana had been discarded on a chair and the light golden brown skin was on display for anyone to see.

Turning around, the green eyes sparkled when they locked with mine. They had carefully used Dolores's eyeliner and I let out a frustrated sigh at their ability to do eyeliner better than me. Camilo always said they'd teach me but the day never came. Camilo smiled and opened their arms, exposing completely their bare chest. Had it been anyone else, Camilo's confidence would have dropped. Without a shirt on was when they were the most vulnerable as it was easy to fit them into a gendered box this way.

"Y/n!" Camilo said, voice filled with excitement as they ran over to hug me.

I hugged back, pulling away to pepper kisses all over their freckle filled face.

"Oh get off!" Camilo chuckled, pushing me away and heading back over to the closet, "What do you think?"

Camilo was gesturing to the yellow and orange skirt on the bed. It had little sun's embroidered in the fabric, reminding me of their mother. It flowed at the bottom and would definitely fan out of twirled. I walked over to it and held it up over their slim hips. Camilo grabbed the sides, keeping it held up as I backed away. I placed my hand on my chin and studied the way it looked. The yellow was similar to the ruana so the golden skinned complexion of my love worked with the colour of the skirt.

"I think it looks really good. I like that it's flowey!" I said, moving over to ruffle the bottom of the skirt, making it move.

Camilo nodded and slipped into the skirt, smiling at the way it fit, "I love it!"

"As you should it looks amazing!" I felt a twang of jealousy and mentally reminded myself to steal the skirt from Dolores later.

"Ok what are we thinking for shirts. As much as I love you, I'm assuming this is not something we are comfortable with?" I asked, gesturing to Camilo's bare chest.

They shook their head, turning back towards the closet, hands on hips again. I walked behind them, wrapping my arms around their waist and placing my chin on their bare shoulder. Camilo always smelt like cinnamon. I was never sure why as it was their Tia Julieta who did all the cooking and baking. Nonetheless, I took a deep breath and continued to look into the closet.

"What about that?" I pointed at a plain white shirt. It had short sleeves and was ruffled in the front.

Camilo's body stood straighter in excitement and an arm reached out to grab it. I let go and backed up as Camilo put it on and tucked the bottom into the skirt. They backed away and looked into the mirror before turning around to me.

I placed my hands on my hips, pretending to be seriously thinking about whether or not I liked the outfit, "Ok now do a little twirl? Hmmm. Well I guess if you like it."

I tried to shrug my shoulders and act like I didn't care, only to make them laugh. It worked and Camilo placed their hands on my sides, tickling the skin and causing me to let out loud giggles.

"Camilo!" I tried to get out in between laughs, "Amor stop!"

Camilo stopped and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back, kissing the exposed skin on their neck and cheeks before cupping them in my hands and placing a kiss on their soft lips.

"I love you," Camilo whispered between kisses, "For now and always."