03.

A/N: On Google it says Ikaris and Druig are cousins, meaning Solace and Druig are cousins and that messed up the story a bit. So ignore that and pretend that none of them are cousins.

── · .゚☆: 4800 BC :☆゚. · ──

I WAS sitting on at the top of a waterfall, next to the village, enjoying the marvellous view. Then a twig cracked behind me. "I know it's you." I admitted to my brother.

"How do you always know?" He sighed sitting next to me.

"We've been with each other for 200 years, I think I would know how one sounds when they walk." I explained, chuckling.

"Really? I never really even paid attention, only on the mission."

"Yes, Ikaris, but there's more to life than just that. Yes, this mission isn't even half way done, but - Okay, what I'm saying is you can focus on something else for a change. Like Sersi!" I joked, punching his playfully in the arm.

"What do you mean 'like Sersi'?" Ikaris asked, completely oblivious, rubbing his arm. 

"I know you love her. It's so obvious." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"N-no, I don't." He stuttered, shocked.

"Mhm, and Ajak can't heal people. I bet in a century you will confess to Sersi." I smiled.

Suddenly we heard a growl behind us, making us freeze. "Deviants." Ikaris mumbled. 

I created a rope of fire in my hand, wiped around and swiftly wrapped it around its neck. I watched as the creature's head fell off with a sizzle. 

Then screams were heard down by the village. "There's two more down there." He noted, holding out his hand. I put my palm in his, and he flew us down. 

The two deviants were wreaking havoc quickly, I slid under one, conjured a ball of fire, and chucked it into its heart. The deviant thrashed around viciously, nicking me a bit. It finally vaporized in front of my eyes, I stood up, brushing off my human clothes. I looked up, seeing my brother flying around finishing the other one off.

"We should go back." I told him, as he came back down.

"I agree, we need to be healed by Ajak."

"Oh, really? I didn't fucking notice." I scoffed at his stupidity. 

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

We walked into the Domo in search of our healer, "Ajak?" I yelled.

Then a gust of wind washed over us, 'Where were you two?- My Arishem, what happened!?' Makkari asked, suddenly seeing my wounds.

'Just a couple deviants, we handle them.' Ikaris signed. 

'You two should see Ajak, she's in the lab.' She led us to her quickly. 

"Ajak, you need to me healed." I admitted holding my side, there was a slice but not very deep.

"What happened to you guys?" Phastos asked, taking his eyes off his invention.

"Three deviants, we had it covered. No thanks to you guys." I mumbled the last bit as she healed my side.

"What's with the yelling?" An Irish voice asked from the doorway.

"We just needed healing, everyone's making a big deal about it." I sighed, taking my bag off my torso. 

"What's the reason you need healing?" He continued. 

"Three deviants, I killed two." I smirked glancing at Ikaris.

"Ha!" Druig exclaimed glaring at my brother. I chuckled, as Druig wrapped an arm around my waist, "Now that you returned, where did you go off to before?" He asked referring to when I disappeared.  

"Just to the waterfall for some peace and quiet, something this 'team' never provides." I sighed, rolling my eyes. 

"You could've invited me." Druig added, looking glum.

"I could've, but what's the fun in that?" I grinned.