09.

── · .゚☆: 1521:☆゚. · ──

WE ALL walked to the large temple in the middle of the village. Gil placed Thena on the stone table as we all waited around. I leaned on the wall with Druig, he held his arms around my waist and I leaned back against his chest. Everyone was deep in their thoughts, until Thena awoke. "W-what happened?"

"You attacked us, wounded Phastos, Sersi, I, and almost killed Makkari." Ajak explained sounding like she was completely blaming Thena for this.

"I-I don't remember." She admitted, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"You have Mahd Wy'ry." Our leader diagnosed her with. 

"I thought Mahd Wy'ry was a myth." I spoke out loud.

"I only lead you to believe that. Thena, we have the technology on the Domo to help you."

"I-I want to remember."

"Thena, I love you, but your mind is fracturing under the weight of your memories."

'But she won't be Thena anymore.' Makkari signed.

"It's the only option." Ajak disagreed. 

"Why should she? You're erasing who she is." Druig spoke, letting go of me.

"Druig, I know you're upset-" 

"Upset!?" He yelled, making a couple of us flinch. Druig never yelled or never acted this mad. "You've led us for 7 thousand years, look where we got! Look where that's gotten us. Look where it's gotten them! Could our mission be a mistake? All this suffering and I could stop it in a heart beat." Druig explained speaking off his mind. "We're just like them, pawns loyal to their leader. This ends now."

He turned towards the people and controlled them to stop their actions and drop their weapons. Ikaris walked up and shoved him into the wall, "Stop, let them go."

"You're gonna have to make me." Druig challenged.

"Enough!" Ajak yelled, making the two split apart. 

Druig turned back to the population, taking his leave. 'I love you.' He said in my mind.

I looked down at the ground, a couple tears falling on the stone ground. He left me. I let the event sink in before wiping my tear away and swallowing the lump in my throat quickly, looking back up.

"I will take care of her, watch over her." Gilgamesh broke the silence, referring to what was going to happen to Thena. 

"All right, now, our mission is completed. I want you to go live a normal life, away from this." Ajak ordered.

"Shouldn't you ask Arishem?" Ikaris asked disagreeing with her, for once.

"Know your place, Ikaris." Ajak snapped. 

We all nodded, disbanding. I left to London with Sersi and Ikaris, but every 5 years I needed to move. In the 1940s I had met a Howard Stark, brilliant mind, and a Steve Rogers, the person Howard was doing an experimentation on.  After a couple centuries I just decided to go live on the Domo, with Makkari in Iraq, seeing as it was getting exhausting to moved every few years. 

── · .゚☆: 1960 :☆゚. · ──

I dropped down to the ground after literally flying for hours. I know Makkari was smart enough to hide the ship with the help of Phastos, then created tunnels in the ground to leave and enter. I looked around quickly for the symbol of the Eternals, it's a sign for our teammates in the future to find us. 

I found in after a couple of minutes under a rock, I dragged my fingers across it as gold lines appeared. A door opened in front of me suddenly. I stepped through, walking deep within. 

"Makkar-" I stopped myself realizing how stupid I was.

I stomped my feet hard on the ground, knowing she would feel the vibrations. She speeded down the hall and in front of me, pulling me into a hug. 'I missed you.'

'I know.' And with that I never would have to move again.