08.

── · .゚☆: 400 :☆゚. · ──

TODAY WAS the day, Sersi and Ikaris's wedding. Druig and I were only attending for Sersi, seeing as we both despise Ikaris strongly.

"You may kiss the bride." The priest said.

They stepped forward and did. I looked at the ceiling because it was long and gross, as Druig kept nudging me forward with an elbow, eating in my ear. I kept smiling like the others, while at the same time, elbowing Druig in his ribs.

"Ow." He groaned rubbing the spot.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

(A/N: I love Thena's character and making scenes with her so here's another! ☕️)

I was at on the ground outside the building as everyone was celebrating. There wasn't much to celebrate, marriage just made it more official. Knowing Ikaris too well for my liking, he will just leave Sersi in the future.

"Solace?" An angelic voice called from the stairs, Thena.

"Yes, Thena?" I turned my head at her.

"I was wondering where you were." She admitted sitting next to me. Thena has always been a mother figure to me, more than Ajak but Ajak is still like one.

"All right, what's going on downstairs?" I asked leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Kingo is telling the story tonight, it's about how Sersi and Ikaris met. Extremely far-fetched." She chuckled, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Kingo always exaggerates." I giggled softly.

"Druig is basically dying, watching Ikaris and Sersi kiss every second." She said, reminding me that Druig is alone.

"Guess I have to save him?" I sighed.

"Looks like it." She smirked.

"Right, we best get going before he actually dies." I added standing up with Thena and she smirked.

We stepped down the stairs, seeing every villager and Eternal listening to Kingo. I looked through the crowd and spotted him. I walked to him, his body was leaning against a wall, eyes closed.

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Druig?"

His eyes opened, "Oh, thank god. I was dying here."

"I know. Thena mentioned something about that, you could've joined me." I mumbled against his lips as his arms snaked around my waist.

"True." He whispered before our lips met. I felt him smirk into the kiss as I almost melted. We finally pulled apart.

── · .゚☆: 1521 :☆゚. · ──

People were being slaughtered by each other, I watched with Druig and others present, leaning against a tree.

"Where are the others?" Ajak asked Thena and Makkari, pulling me out of my thoughts.

'We split up. Ikaris's idea.' Makkari signed.

"Of course it was. That oaf doesn't have half a brain." I scoffed rolling my eyes.

"There were more deviants than you said." Thena commented.

"Oh, and I bet that was a lot of fun for you." Phastos bet.

"It was." Thena grinned madly.

We suddenly were all pulled away from the conversation by gunshots ringing through the air. I watched with tears in my eyes but with a straight face.

"Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make those weapons, Phastos." Druig snarled.

"Evolution is part of their process, it's not exactly something I can control."

"No, you can't, but I can." He turned his head back to the people, eyes turning gold.

"Don't." Ajak said sternly.

He quickly backed down as Thena said, "We are all going to die."

"What did you say, Thena?" I asked her, turning my eyes to her figure. Her back was turned, and her body was tense and completely motionless. 

Suddenly, she whipped around and was a hair away from stabbing Sersi because Makkari whisked her away. Makkari came back to the fight as Thena had just stabbed Phastos in his chest.

"Thena! What the shit!?" I yelled dodging all her attacks, barely I might add. 

I looked up from the ground and saw Ajak trying to stabilize her. "Thena, focus on my voice. You are loved by all of us..."

It started to work until her eyes went straight back to white. She wounded Ajak and moved to fight Gilgamesh. After quite a bit of time, Gil knocked her out. Ajak went around the team to heal them, luckily I was hurt at all, neither was Druig.

"We should head back to the others, they'll get worried." I commented to Ajak.

"We should." Ajak nodded, agreeing.