Chapter 9: Undergoing a learning experience

Ozpin: Y/N, I normally don't do this, but I'll allow you to partake in being a five person team. I've decided to pair you with team RWBY. Your dorm will be located next door to them, but don't expect special treatment. You may have been through a harsh environment but I expect you to treat everyone here as equals.

Y/N: understood.

Ozpin: classes begin tomorrow, I suggest you get some rest.

*Time skip*

I was in my dorm, setting up UV lights, thank Oum I wasn't sharing a room with them, they might get annoyed with the lights constantly on.

I was finished and was about to head to bed.

*knocking on the door*

I went to see who it was, I opened it expecting it to be Ruby, but it was Blake.

Blake: hey, F/N? Or is it Y/N?

Y/N: doesn't matter which you prefer.

Blake: right... listen, do you have a minute?

Y/N: yeah.

Blake: ok... *sighs* were you there when Athena fell?

Y/N: yes...

Blake: Ruby told me you lost your memories... how much do you remember about that day?

Y/N: I...

Ruby's POV

After learning that F/N was in my team, I was so excited to see him again. I went towards his dorm but before I was about to knock, I heard Blake talking to him.

Blake: *muffled* how much do you remember about that day?

Y/N: I... remember screaming... blood... gunshots... corpses... the sound of sirens going off... the rest is blurry...

Blake: I remember it clearly.

F/N: you were there?

Blake: I have something to show you, but please don't tell anyone. Only my team and team JNPR know about this.

F/N: you're... a faunus.

Blake: I was part of a group called the white fang, I'm sure you heard of it?

F/N: vaguely but yeah.

Blake: me and my family were protesting on the streets. It all happened so fast... Athena went from everything to nothing in the blink of an eye...

F/N: and your family... what happened to them?

Blake: their fine, but I lost so many friends that day...

F/N: I'm sorry for your loss.

Blake: what about you? Any family members?

F/N: No I... I think I had a sister... my parents... abandoned me... and a group of Huntsman saved me...

Blake: what was her name?

F/N: I can't remember... it's just blank... I don't even remember the faces of my parents.

Blake: but what about Ruby? Or Yang and Weiss?

F/N: what about them?

Blake: they all seemed to recognize you.

F/N: Heh, yeah well, I've spent my childhood wandering around Remnant. I had no family, no home and nowhere to go... I was a Nomad... never stayed in one place... always on the move.

Blake: do you plan on leaving again?

F/N: No... I'm done wandering, I'm going to find out what happened to me.