Chapter 17: The Search

Yang's POV

I decided to check on Ruby, I got off my bed as quietly as I could, trying not to wake up Blake and Weiss.

I exited our dorm, I walked down the hallway and saw F/N's door partially opened.

I opened the door and heard Ruby talking to F/N.

Ruby's POV

I was having a conversation with F/N, he told me everything about what Ozpin said. I was concerned about him, but he seemed OK... all he had to do was keep a low profile for the time being.

Ruby: you sure everything is OK?

F/N: you worry too much, I'll be fine... besides, classes start tomorrow.

Ruby: ok, if you have any problems... don't hesitate to tell us.

F/N: *nods*

Yang's POV

It seemed like they were just having a conversation. Well... I should get back to bed.

Ruby's POV

I knew Yang was eavesdropping, but she left. I got up and left, I turned around and looked towards F/N, the room was illuminated with UV lights. I exited his dorm and went back into mine.

I climbed onto my bed, when I got up Yang whispered to me.

Yang: *whispers* psst, Ruby.

Ruby: *whispers* yeah?

Yang: what were you and F/N talking about?

Ruby: nothing really... he just told me that he has to stay out of trouble.

Yang: *whispers* well, knowing him... that might be impossible.

Ruby: *giggles* yeah, you're probably right.

*the next day*

Ozpin's POV

Second semester has officially started, and my old friend James Ironwood decided to come to Vale, along with the entirety of the Atlesian army.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly likes to bring his work with him wherever he goes.

Ozpin: well, running a military and an academy makes him a busy man... but yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

Not long after that, James entered my office.

*elevator ding*
*notification blip*

Ozpin: come in.

*elevator doors open*

James: Ozpin.

Ozpin: Hello, General.

James: please, drop the formalities *chuckles* it's been too long *shakes hands* and Glynda! It's certainly been too long since we first met.

Glynda: oh James... *turns toward Ozpin* I'll be outside. *walks to the elevator*

James: well she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: so... what brings you all the way down from Atlas? HeadMasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal festival.

I poured the both of us a drink and handed a mug to him.

James: well you know how much I love Vale this time of year *pours alcohol into mug* besides... with you hosting, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to catch up.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends, however... the small fleet outside my window has me somewhat... concerned.

James: well... concern is what brought them here.