Chapter 14: Promise

Y/N's POV

It was morning and I woke up.

The intense burning was no longer there. I unwrapped my arm and looked at it, it looked like it was starting to fade a little bit. My arm has slowly been getting worse everyday, the veins were becoming red and some kind of white carapace was forming in my knuckles, they were gone.

I went to the bathroom and looked at the broken mirror. I was starting to look better. But deep down inside I knew this was only temporary.

*time skip*
*the PvP class*

Glynda's POV

Y/N was currently fighting Cardin, at first it seemed that the odds were 50/50, but Y/N has started to act strange lately.

*Cardin swings his mace towards Y/N*
*Y/N gets hit and falls to the ground*

*Y/N slowly gets up*
*Cardin kicks him in the side*

*Cardin walks away*
*Y/N struggling to get up*
*Cardin turns around*

Cardin: this is the part were you lose.

Cardin's aura was still in the green and Y/N was in the red, I was about to call the match but something unexpected happened.

I looked at Y/N's status and his Aura was slowly going back to green.

Ruby's POV

I was worried about F/N, he wasn't doing well. Cardin was about to strike the finishing blow, but when he swung his mace, F/N... grabbed the side of the handle.

Both seemed to struggle over the mace but F/N ripped it away from Cardin's grip and threw it to the ground, Cardin tried punching him but F/N caught his fist and started to bend it making Cardin kneel to the ground in pain.

F/N: *eyes glowing red* what part was this again Cardin?

Cardin: nnngggg! *wincing in pain*

Not long after that, I saw F/N upper cut Cardin sending him into the air, his Aura shattered upon impact.

RWBY:
Wait a go F/N!
You did it!
I knew he could do it.
Shut up Weiss.

*applause from the class*
*lights turning back on*

Y/N's POV

After I punched Cardin, my body began to feel weak, I kneeled to the ground to catch my breath.

I looked at my arm and my hand was shaking.

I looked towards Cardin as paramedics put him on a stretcher and carried him away.

I turned to see my Aura was slowly fading into the red. I started to walk out of the class.

Ruby: F/N! Where are you going?

Y/N: *heavy breathing* *slightly limping*

I went to the side of the entrance to the class and pressed my back against the wall.

Y/N: *heavy breathing intensifies* *slides down the wall*

Ruby: F/N?

Y/N: *heavy breathing calms down*

*Ruby squats down to Y/N*