Chapter 2²: Last Call

Y/N's POV

We found a nearby village and rented out some rooms to stay for the night.

I went to bed and dosed off.

I woke up in patch... but things felt off, the place looked different, I saw Ruby's home, but it looked withered and old.

 but things felt off, the place looked different, I saw Ruby's home, but it looked withered and old

I explored patch and stumbled upon a stone sarcophagus. I read the name inscribed in the stone.

Y/N: "here lies Y/N L/N"...

After I said that, a bunch of heavily corroded statues appeared. They were people that I knew: Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Blake, Taiyang, Coco, Velvet, Fox, Yatsuhashi, Sun, Neptune, Tristan, Ashe, Cole, Renèe, Qrow, Jaune, Pyrrah, Ren, Nora. And then another statue appeared but I didn't recognize him, he started to speak and move around in freeze motion.

?: *Echoes* thank you for coming... we've gathered here today to celebrate the life of my mentor... my inspiration... they called him "Salem's end", "The Grimm Reaper", "Shadow slayer", "The legendary Huntsman"... "hero of the kingdom of Vale", "The man who Avenged Monty Oum"... he had a hundred titles I do not recall... and he died doing what he does best... defending the people of Remnant... ages ago... he saved my life... and then inspired me to save myself... I am glad that he did because... Oum help us... he is gone... and there is no one to save us now... on the day we've met... I decided that I would follow his example... I'm still trying... I've marked this grave with one of his favorite weapons, shattered in that final confrontation... it used to be mine... all who find what we've left here, please leave it be... unless... unless you're still out there somewhere... you've performed miracles before... in which case, take it and come back to us... and we'll kill what killed you... or die trying...

Y/N: *wakes up* *groans* 'who was that person who was speaking?' 'Eh, probably not important... just a stupid dream'

It was morning and we packed up and continued to venture further through Anima.

*time skip*
*much more hiking later*

We were about to enter the mountains, if I'm not mistaken... Kuroyuri should be nearby somewhere.

We came across a ravine with an old rope bridge.