2.

I was shaken awake by Keagan- it seemed class had ended. He looked a bit nervous as he spoke which left me in further confusion. "Daniil, you can't stay here all day, you have to go to your other classes now" I shook my head and pulled Keagan into my arms, burrowing my face into his slightly rumpled shirt. He moved back and set a space between us which made me confused and hurt- I thought he liked me? "Daniil. Go to your next class" I winced at his tone and stood, placing my mask back on and ruffling my hair and doing as I was told, shuffling out of the small room and towards my next class without a word. 

---

The day dragged by and I couldn't focus- as per usual but still- due to Keagan. I didn't want to make him mad... was it because I took the tie? What did I do wrong? I decided to visit him during m lunch period and let myself into his class, looking around and spotting him eating at his desk. I frowned. "Keagan" his head turned and he pulled out the ear buds he had "Daniil? I suppose you're here for the lesson?" I shook my head and walked over to him, settling myself into his lap and snuggling in with a soft whine "I'm sorry" I moved back and looped the tie around his neck again, messily tying it before stuffing my face right back into his neck, my mask long gone. 

He seemed... weird. One hand nervously rubbed my back as he mumbled to himself, speaking up and directing his words towards me "Daniil. This is not appropriate-" I cried and cut him off "Why?!" my hold on him tightened and I snuggled into him- mama always did this to dad when he was upset and stressed, was I doing it wrong? Keagan winced "Because you are my student Daniil. I am much older than you and-" I cut him off again "I'm 19 though. I don't get it" Keagan sighed "This is what lovers do Daniil. You are not my lover." I thought for a second- that made sense. I really liked Keagan, does that mean I wanted him to be my lover? Maybe it was just like mama said, the really warm happy feeling in my chest. "Then be my lover" I said with full confidence, smiling wide and wrapping my arms around Keagan's neck. His face was bright red and he sighed "No Daniil, we're both alphas that would never work, you're my student, and on top of that-" I hissed. I didn't like what he was saying. Could alphas not be lovers? I decided to call mama about that and fished out my phone, leaning my head against Keagan's shoulder as the dial tone rang for a few seconds.

"Daniil! Hello sweetheart, how are you?" I smiled "Good. Can alphas be lovers?" I asked, Keagan all but choked on something and I patted his back in concern "Yes little one, anyone can love anyone, second gender doesn't matter." I smiled in pure joy and nodded "Thank you mama." I hung up and put my phone aside, holding Keagan's face "You lied..." I said with a huff. Keagan sighed and rubbed my back "I guess I did..." I was happy that he wasn't pushing me away and kissed his cheek, rubbing my scent glands into his own and marking him as I chuffed happily. He tensed for a minute before pushing me away, his eyes a bit hazy as he began to mark me, his amazing woodsy scent burrowed into my icy petrichor. Keagan pulled me back into his arms, of which I snuggled up happily, letting my eyes shut while I adjusted to his warmth. Little happy growls rumbled through me as he rubbed my back, his other hand going through and marking on paper. I was happy he had finally accepted me, leaning up to press my lips against his throat and wherever else I could reach, earning a few approving rumbles from him that sent me over the moon.