Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Start

---

Rinnnngggg~

The mechanic sound of the alarm came into life as the minute hand of the alarm strucked at 12 while the Hour hand was resting in 5, this startling sound of the alarm woke Ash Ketchum from his sleep.

'Goddddd! Why must this alarm hate me?' Was running around his mind as he slowly and sloppily got up from his bed. Ash turned and switched on the light of the room and covered his eyes as it was too bright for him.

After his eyes got used to the brightness, Ash Ketchum slowly looked up at the Calendar on his room and perked up actively.

The calendar was showed the date...

22th May 1997.

Today was his 10th birthday. It was the 22nd of May. Today was the day he finally gets his trainer license. At the age of 10 anyone or more specifically, any kid who wanted to be a Pokemon trainer would get their official trainer license from the Nurse Joy of their city. Some lucky kids gets their Pokemon from the Regional professor of the region. Lucky indeed.

Once they are registered a trainer, said trainer can get their starter pokemon from the one who sponspored them. This is where the regional professors come in. While Nurse joy can award a Trainer with any Pokemon the League hands her, most commonly Nidoran, Growlithe, Rhyhorn and Pokemon along the lines. Those who gets their license from the Regional Professor are offered the priviledge of choosing one of the best, if not the best Pokemon their Region have to offer, except Pseudo Legendary and Legendary ofcourse.

Any trainer getting a Pokemon from the Regional professor of Kanto, namely Samuel Oak, are given the privilege of choosing from between, the water type Squirtle, the grass type Balbasaur and the Fire type Charmander.

Squirtles are a good choice for a starter, given their calm and collected nature. The fact that their final stage Blastoise is one of the strongest water type of Kanto also increases it's popularity as a starter.

Though Squirtle are cool and strong, one can never ignore the pokemon that can counter the said pokemon, Balbasaur, the grass type starter of Kanto. Their final evolution, Venasaur, an absolute tank in all it's glory, is a pokemon that can win you almost all your battles if you know how to properly utilize its potential to the fullest extend.

The last of the Kanto starter, Charmander, the dragon like creature with an attitude and power that fully backs up it's dragon like looks. It's final form, Charizard, a pokemon which is desired by trainer even from outside of Kanto, the strongest Trainers in the world, namely Samual Oak, Lance Wataru, Cinthia Shirona all had a Charizard in their team. Without say, Charizard have even more people drooling over him than pseudo legendaries. A feat on it's own.

'Five whole years. I have waited five whole years for this day.' Ash mentally chanted with a glint in his eyes. Of course, waiting for five years was not the only thing he did. He prepared for this day with full mind and soul. He and Charmander together, or Charmeleon to be exact. Charmander had evolved exactly 3 years and 8 months after hatching while training with Ash and his father, Dragonite.

Ash was pretty surprised when it happened, but he was happy nonetherless, his brother was close to becoming the strongest pokemon alive.

Charmander after passing his 'baby stage' started getting formal training from his parents, to master a simple ember to an overpowered dragon pulse, he trained as hard as his small body would allow. Charmander had gotten his fire based training from his mother while his father took care of his Dragonic side. Over the course of time, he had grown significantly strong, stronger than normal Charmeleon can ever imagine to be.