Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Rock Hard.

-

"Oooo~~ she's so cute." Misty cood as she pet Vaporeon. Ash watched the scene in amusement as he looked at his Vaporeon enjoying the attention. They were currently in one of the parks in Cerulean city, Misty wanted to pet Vaporeon so she requested Ash to come with her to the park where she can pet her.

"It looks like Vaporeon loves it." Ash exclaims and Misty nods her head with a proud face.

"I have an affinity for Water type... they love me as much as I love them." Misty claims with a smile. "I can see the truth in the statement." Ash admits as he watched his Pokemon getting pet by the water mistress.

"I can't believe this small and delicate looking Pokemon defeated my Gyarados so easily." Misty says in an incredulous tone. "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Ash sagely replies with a nod that made him look like a preacher.

"I'll keep that in mind...Ohh great holy master." Misty teased with a mischievous grin. "Say... You have any other water Pokemon?" Misty questions and Ash shakes his head in a negative. "Nah... Only Vaporeon. I don't plan on catching many pokemons of the same type." Ash admits and Misty nods her head with an understanding look on her face.

"That's a nice strategy... You can be  ready to face any type of opponent." Must praises making Ash blush. "Thanks..." Ash says while scratching his hair. "So? Where will you head to after this?" Misty questions and Ash tilts his head as if trying to guage the correct way to answer.

"I will go to Pewter... If I am not lazy, I'll take the route through Mt. Moon... If not... I'll simply fly through it." Ash responds and Misty nods her head. "You have a Pokemon big enough to carry you all the way to Pewter?" Misty questions sounding impressed.

"Yeah... I have one..." Ash responds while rubbing his hair sheepishly. He didn't want to reveal all his cards to someone he just met a few hours ago. So he decided that it was best to not show her his dragons. With that thought in mind, Ash decided to bid her farewell.

"I have to go and check up on my mom and professor to inform them that I've reached Cerulean city." Ash says and Misty nods her head with a smile. "This is farewell then... Nice meeting you Ash Ketchum. I want a rematch again." Misty says and she offers her hand for a handshake.

"Nice meeting you too... Maybe we'll have our rematch sooner then expected... Until then... See ya~" Ash waves and walks towards the pokemon centre in a normal pace.

Ash reached the centre and directly walked towards the calling booths and dialed prof. Oak's number and called him. 'It's just 1p.m. right now... Mom might probably be in the office now.' Ash ponders and smiles when he sees Delia's face in the screen instead of the prof.

"Hi Ashey... Hey Pikachu." Delia greets with a bright smile. "Hey mom/Pika pi. " Ash and Pikachu greets back with equally bright smiles. "How've you been?" Ash questions and Delia answers with a smile. "I've been fine Ashey... What about you? How's your journey so far? Caught any new pokemon?" Delia questions and Ash nods his head.

"Actually... Yeah! I caught a Bulbasaur... Bulbasaur is currently in static cause of the meaningless 'trainers should only carry six pokemon at a time' rule, I mean... What's the use of this rule? I don't see any need of it." Ash crumbles and Delia giggles lightly.

"We've been through this already. Hehe... Learn restraints." Delia says and Ash smiles weakly. "I wanted to swap some pokemons so that I can keep Bulbasaur with me for a while." Ash says and Delia nods her head. "Whom do you want to sent over? " Delia questions with a tilt of her head.

"Umm... I've already talked to my pokemons about this... And we decided to sent Dragonite over... That way... He can also spent sometime with his mother... Dragonite agreed to this decision too." Ash says and Delia nods her head meekly. "I have to take care of more dragons now." Delia says with a sigh but Ash knew better than anyone that his mom loved taking care of pokemon more than anything in this world.