Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Good Things Happens!

-3rd Person POV-

It was a sunny day, there was no clouds in the sky giving the surrounding area a hot warm weather. There were several bird pokemons flying in the sky, some were playing, some were fighting. Just a normal day.

We can see Ash trecking slowly on the rocky plains of Grampa Canyon. Pikachu was resting on his shoulder as usual. Riolu and Charmeleon were inside their pokeballs. Ash was walking with a thoughtful look on his face. 'I don't know what's happening... But I am suddenly feeling very weird." Ash thinks with a questioning look.

It's been about 4 days after he left the tournament village. He is currently travelling across Grampa Canyon. But something was troubling his mind, he didn't feel right. He sort of felt different. 'I know a pokemon is there before I even see it.' Ash thinks with a frown.

He wasn't able to explain the phenomenon.  Yesterday he was able to detect the location of a nearby pokemon by just concentrating. 'What is happening with me?' Ash questions himself. "Pika!" Pikacha calls out to him. "Huh?" Ash questions him making pikachu say a few words to him.

"I guess I spaced out for a moment there." Ash says with a frown. "Let's just keep on moving Pikachu. You need water?" Ash offers him a bottle of water he took out from his bag. Pikachu accepted it and drank out from it. Ash also drank after Pikachu drank it. "Ahh... Satisfying." Ash mutters with a satisfied look. "Pika!"

Ash looked at his Pokedex and it showed the time. "11:07". " We still have time before lunch. Let's walk for a few more steps and take rest for lunch!" Ash says to Pikachu and he accepts.

"Let's keep moving then." Ash says and starts moving again. Ash suddenly felt a pull. This time the pull was different, it wasn't an inner pull like the ones he's been getting. No, this pull was different. "Ahhhhhh/Pikaaaaa!" Ash and Pikachu shouted as they were falling from their position. The pull was from the ground. The place where Ash and Pikachu stood started crumbling and falling underground. The ground opened up and took Ash and Pikachu within it.

Ash and Pikachu continued falling towards the ground. Ash looked towards Pikachu and brought him close to himself. "Come here Pikachu..." Ash calls out and hugs Pikachu close to him. The way they were falling, they were destined to hit the ground hard. "I'll try protecting you from my body." Ash tells Pikachu. "Pika pika!" Pikachu worried called out and got out of Ash's hands and into his shoulder.

"Piiikaaaaa... Chuuuuuu!" Pikachu fired a powerful thunderbolt towards the ground to try and stop the speed of their descend but his attack didn't reach the ground. "Pikaaaaaaaaa.... Chuuuuu." This time Pikachu tried increasing the power but again, no effect. Tears were falling out of both Ash's and Pikachu eyes but Pikachu continued to fire thunderbolt attacks repeatedly.

Ash quickly thought of a way to safe Pikachu and returned him back into his Pokeball wordlessly. He didn't want Pikachu to die with him. "Pi-!" Pikachu started but the Pokeball had already sucked him inside.

"Sorry Pikachu..." He took out Charmeleon and Riolu's pokeball too and set a timer for release half an hour later. "I won't want my Pokemon's to be trapped inside their Pokeball their whole life." Ash chuckled with sad humour. "Is this how I end?"

Ash can see his life reflecting before him, his mother, Prof. Oak., Charmeleon, Pikachu, Riolu. Everyone, he didn't want to die so early. Ash looked down and saw that he was nearing the ground so he closed his eyes and prepared himself for death. "Goodbye, everyone... I hope you live a wonderful life!" Ash shouted and waited for the impact. It never came.

Ash felt as if he stopped falling and opened his eyes slowly. He can see the ground right beneath his eyes. But there was a thing that was between him and the ground. It was... A barrier? 'Huh? It looks like Protect.' Ash thinks and suddenly the barrier shattered and he fell to the ground. "Ouch... But it could've been much worse." Ash chuckles darkly. "I am not death right?" Ash questions as he checks himself. "Man... What happen? What was that barrier. Where did it come from. How did I not die?" Ash kept questioning his survival.