Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Power Of Aura!

-

Ash ran towards the source of the powerful aura at a constant pace. When he felt the aura getting closer, Ash slowed down and walked towards it with bated breath. He then suddenly felt a shift in his aura but quickly dismissed it.

Ash shook his head to clear his aura and tried sensing the source again. He raised an eyebrow in confusion and released a small burst of his aura to clear his senses.

"Pikachu... I was certainly sure that we reached the source of the aura." Ash said as he looked at Pikachu seriously.

"Pika... Pika pi." Pikachu nods his head while muttering a few words. "Why do I feel so far away from the source... And why?" Ash starts and glances behind himself and frowns. "Why are we standing at the entrance of the cave?"

"Pika pika pi pika Pikachu!" Pikachu says and Ash frowns. "Is it a psychic like Sabrina?" Ash questions and squinched eyes are in a deep frown. "That's a possibility."

"Let's head back to that place," Ash says and starts running at full speed towards the source of the aura again. "Extreme Speed," Ash commands as he released Lucario from his Pokeball. Ash then hops onto Lucario's back and runs towards the source of the aura.

"You understand the situation, Lu?" Ash questions and Lucario nods his head. "The aura told me everything," he replies and Ash nods his head, Lucario must've heard everything from his Pokeball. "Use your aura to protect us from any psychic barriers that are placed around the area." Ash commands and Lucario nods his head professionally. "Okay, master!"

Ash then rode Lucario through the whole cave. During the ride, Ash had to admit one thing, Lucario was very fast, but if had to choose between using Lucario as a source of transport or his legs, Ash will choose to walk himself any day. Riding Lucario ON HIS BACK was very uncomfortable.

Ash released Gastly from his Pokeball just to make sure that they aren't assaulted suddenly. He quickly explained to Gastly whatever was happening and Gastly promised to help Ash.

"Master, I don't feel any psychic waves from up ahead," Lucario informed Ash making him frown. "I am certain that it was a psychic attack that teleported us to the entrance of the gate." Ash frowns.

"I don't feel any psychic energy from the surrounding areas," Lucario says making Ash frown. 'Is it the same thing that Giovanni used that day?' Ash questions himself with a frown. 'Whatever it is... I don't have a good feeling about this.'

"We are here!" Lucario says dropping Ash to the ground. "Thanks, Lucario..." Ash says standing in the same position as where he teleported a few minutes ago.

He hears a strange sound and quickly runs to a nearby boulder to hide. His Pokemons silently follow him.

"All of you... Quickly start preparing for the transportation." A woman who looked to be in her early thirties commanded some rocket grunts making them nod their heads. "Boss' Pokemon is strong but even it has its limits so we can't rely on it to teleport us all." The woman's loud voice rank in Ash's ears making him frown.

"What Pokemon is she talking about." Ash thinks with a worried frown. "I can sense about 50 grunts in this place and that woman looks like their leader." Ash analysed with a frown. The situation did not look good.

"Gastly, hide in my shadow," Ash says making him nod, Gastly slowly sank into Ash's shadow and completely disappeared from view. "Guys... Here's the plan..." Ash called over to Pikachu and Lucario and explained his plans. "Do we need to inform the dragon about the plan?" Lucario questions but a tilt in Ash's necklace explained that Charizard heard the conversation.

"I would've felt much better if Dragonite and Vaporeon were with us," Ash says making Lucario nod his head. "No time to regret... Clear your head and let the aura guide your way." Lucario says making Ash nod his head with a small smile.

"Let's get on with the show," Ash said with a smirk and ran towards the next rock swiftly avoiding being noticed by the guards. He saw Pikachu and Lucario go their own way and took a deep breath to calm his nerve.

'Let me get a clear picture of what is happening in this place.' Ash thinks and does a quick scan and frowns. He sensed a large block of glowing rock in the middle of the clearing and several grunts around it. They were trying to remove the rock from the place making Ash frown.

'What is that rock?' Ash thinks with a frown and continues to look around. He saw a large number of Pokemon being trapped in a cage. 'I have to free these Pokemons before I do anything.' Ash thinks and runs towards the cage carefully avoiding any Rockets he came across.

He ran towards the cage avoiding all the grunts as best as he could. 'The door of the cage is under full view of the grunts. I can't open it without drawing attention.' Ash frowns and sighs. Lucario suddenly appeared in front of Ash in a crouched position.

"Master, I searched the whole area, there's no captive except the Pokemon. There are no guards around this place, I believe that they have some other kind of guard." Lucario explained and Ash nods his head with a concentrated look. "That explains the teleportation," Ash says. "Yes... To some extent." Lucario says still unsure.

Suddenly the whole place gets pitch dark making Ash smirk, "Pikachu succeeded." Ash says and activates his aura sight. "Lucario... Be fast... Knock out as many as you can." Ash commands and starts running towards the nearest grunt and knocks him out with a chop on its back. "Gastly... Make sure they don't wake up before tomorrow." Ash mumbles softly and hears a soft chuckle.

'You intrigue me every day, young Ketchum.' Gastly thinks with a small chuckle as he put finished what Ash started.

"Hey... What's happening." A grunt shouted and switched on his torchlight only for it to burst in his hand making him edge back in shock and pain. Pikachu happened.

The effect was immediate, grunts fell one after another, and whenever they tried to light the place Pikachu would burst the source with his electric shocks. Everything was going fine. The rockets didn't have Pokemon that can light up the place, because they kept only Poison-typPokemonon with them.

They had already taken down about 10 grunts when they started releasing the cubists from their balls. "Capture anyone without the team rocket uniform." The grunts commanded their Pokemons.

"Damn, these Zubats will be troublesome." Ash thinks with a frown and releases Charizard from his Pokeball. It came with a disadvantage, Charizard's tail fire lit up the place to some extent and since he was standing close to him, Ash was under full view. The only advantage Ash had with him in this situation was, it was Charizard.

-Sorry for the cliffhanger-

And also, sorry for the late update... Many things happened and I was not able to log in... And one thing led to another and I was not able to update... Sorry again... Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!