Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Evolution Brothers!

---

Ash and Pikachu can be seen strolling their ways through the path when suddenly Pikachu sniffed the air and his tail wiggled. "Pika!" Pikachu muttered and started running inside the forest. "Hey... Wait up Pikachu!" Ash calls out and runs after him.

A few moments later, Pikachu comes to a stop in front of a big tree with a hollowed bottom. Ash tilts his head and walks towards Pikachu. "Hey Pika... Why did you bring me here?" Ash questions and looks at the tree and notices something. There was an Eevee tied to the tree. "Huh? An Eevee?" Ash mutters and walks up to it.

'Is it abandoned?' Ash questions with a frown and picks the Eevee up making it squeal at him. He notices a belt on its neck and looks at it. "Huh? A belt... Maybe it is not abandoned?" Ash mutters and reads the badge attached to the belt. "Stone Town!" The badge said.

'Hmm... Stone town?' Ash thinks and brings out his guidebook and searches for Stone Town. 'A town that is known for evolutionary stones... Hmm... Let's take Eevee back to it's owner.' Ash ponders and picks Eevee up and starts walking towards the Stone Town. Ash looks at the badge again and sees an address written. He looks at it and starts walking towards the location.

He entered the town and started searching for the house and finally finds it in the middle of the town next to the mountain. 'Woah... It's a freaking palace.' Ash thinks with awe. The house in front of him was a 4 storey mansion and was painted white. There was a big garden surrounding the mansion filled. There was a fountain near the edge where water and grass pokemons were playing.

Several people were gathered in the garden and were evolving their pokemons using stones. 'Huh? Is this some sort of evolving festival?' Ash thinks in the back of his mind. There were three teens who looked like they were the hosts of the party. One of them was wearing yellow and had yellow hair, similarly, another guy was wearing blue and his hair was also blue, the last guy was wearing red and his hair was red.

'Okay... What the heck are they wearing?" Ash thinks with a freaked out look and was about to walk away from the mansion when the guy wearing red spots him. "Hey Eevee... There you are." The guy said gathering the attention of the other two guys and they run towards him.

"Hey Eevee, where did you run off to?" The red haired guy said and took Eevee out of Ash's hand. "Hey, is this Eevee yours?" Ash questions the guy and he nods his head. "Yeah... He belongs to our younger brother." The guy answers and Ash nods his head. "We organised this party to evolve Eevee, and he ran away suddenly. I sincerely thank you for bringing him back here." The yellow haired guys said and Ash nods his head. "No problem."

"I see you have a Pikachu with you. Did you know? With a Thunderstone, you can evolve your Pikachu to a Raichu." The guy informs Ash and he nods his head. "Yeah... In fact, I have an Eevee too." Ash informs them and they show interested looks. "Oh? So... What are you planning to evolve your Eevee into?" The blue haired guy questioned.

"I don't know... But I guess I'll evolve it into a Vaporeon when time comes." Ash says and the blue haired guy's eye widen. "I am Ash Ketchum..." Ash suddenly says bowing at them. "Oh so sorry... We didn't introduce ourselves. My name is Rainer." The blue haired guy says. "Pyro..." The red haired guy says. "Nice to meet you, my name is Sparky." The yellow haired guy says.

"Nice to meet you!" Ash says with a nod and they nods their head at him. "Eevee?" A boy suddenly says and runs up to them. "Who brought back Eevee?" The little kid asks and snatches Eevee away from Pyro's arm. "Ash here brought back the Eevee Mikey." Sparky says and Mikey nods his head sadly. "Decide what you'll evolve your Eevee into quick and tell us. We'll be waiting for your decision." Sparky says and looks at Ash. "We would've loved to stay and chat but can you please excuse us now, we have something to attend to." Sparky says walks away with his brothers.

Ash nods and looks at Mikey who was walking towards a bench. He looked at Mikey as he sadly sat on the bench and started petting Eevee with a frown. 'Hmm... Something is bothering this kid.' Ash thinks and walks towards him and seats next to him.

"Hey there Mikey... Something bothering you?" Ash questions him with a tilt of his head. "Yeah... I don't want to evolve my Eevee." Mikey answers and Ash nods his head. "Oh... So that's why you left the Eevee there inside the tree?" Ash questions and Mikey nods his head. "I kept him there so that I can bring him back after the party is over. But you brought him back." Mikey says with a sigh.

"Oh... I see... You don't want to evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon, Jolteon Or Flareon right?" Ash questions him with a nod. "Yeah..." Mikey says with a frown. "You know, there are many other pokemons Eevee can evolve into." Ash says gathering Mikey's attention. "What?" Mikey questions him. "I don't know much but I studied that there were several other eeveelution. Dark types, physic types, fairy, ice and even grass types." Ash tells Mikey his limited knowledge.

"Ohh... Can you tell me how to evolve Eevee onto those?" Mikey asks him with hopeful eyes. "No... Sadly I can't. Even I don't have much knowledge on that field." Ash says with a sigh. "But yeah... You'll figure it out once you start your journey." Ash says and stands up from his place.

"Hey Ash." Ash hears his name being called out and sees Rainer running towards him. "Before you said that you wanted to evolve your Eevee into a Vaporeon right? Here take this Waterstone as a token of gratitude for bringing Eevee back." Rainer says and hands the waterstone to Ash. Ash not being one to turn down gifts gladly took the waterstone and puts it inside his bag.

"Hey Rainer... No need of rushing." Sparky scolds as he walks towards them with Pyro with him. "So... Mikey, what's your decision. Which Pokemon do you want to evolve your Eevee into?" Pyro questions Mikey with a smile.

"Vaporeon, once inside the water, it dissolves and become invisible." Rainer says trying to persuade his brother to evolve his Eevee into a Vaporeon. "Jolteon... One of the best electric types." Sparky says with a smirk. "Or Flareon, the strongest eeveelution."

"None of them..." Mikey says with a frown. "I don't want to evolve my Eevee into any of these Pokemons. I'll evolve it into some other pokemon that matches me and my Eevee." Mikey says with a determined look.

"Huh? There's no Eeveelution other than these three." Pyro says with a frown. "There are!" Ash says gathering the brothers information. "And what proof do you have to support your claim?" Sparky questions and Ash sighs and takes out his Pokedex and shows them the picture of Umbreon.

"This is the dark type evolution of Eevee." Ash informs and their eyes widen in realisation. "There are other Eeveelutions?" The brother asks Ash and he nods his head. "Yeah...!" Ash says and puts his dex inside.

"Yeah... I want to evolve Eevee into one of the others." Mikey says with finality and his brother smiles at him. "That's completely your choice little brother." Sparky says and his brothers nods their head.

"Wait... You mean your not angry at me for not choosing an evolution you prefer?" Mikey says and his brother chuckles at him. "You're our brother... We won't be angry at you for such a trivial reason." Rainer says and hugs Mikey making him laugh. Ash looks at the scene with a small smile and looks at Sparky and says, "I guess I'll take my leave now... I have to cover as much road as I can before the sun sets." Ash says and Sparky nods his head.

"Thanks Ash, you helped my brother find his way. I can't be more grateful. . Here, take this thunderstone. You'll need it to evolve your Pikachu in the future." Sparky says and Ash takes the stone from his hand. Ash looks at Pikachu who was sitting on his shoulder. Pikachu notices him and smiles at him softly making Ash smile back at him.

"Thanks for the gift Sparky... I'll use this gift responsibly." Ash says and puts the thunderstone inside his bag. Sparky smiles and leads Ash outside.

"I'll take my leave now then. Goodbye." Ash says and starts walking away. "See ya." Sparky says and walks back into the party.

-Done-