Chapter 20

Chapter 20: New Determination!

---

"Kid... That's one hell of a story you just told me." An Officer Jenny said as she listed Ash's report on the matter. She then looked around and sighed. "But looking around, I can tell you're not lying." She said and closed her notepad and looked at Ash with a calculating gaze.

"You drove the leader of Team Rocket away. What did he said his name was?" Officer Jenny questions and Ash shakes his head. "He didn't tell me." Ash says and Jenny sighs. "Yeah... It's logical that he won't tell you his name." Giovanni did tell Ash his name, so, why is Ash lying?

'It's GIOVANNI. Why the hell can't I tell her the name.' Ash questions in his mind as he tried to tell her the name of the leader of Team Rocket. 'What is happening?' Ash questions himself and looks at Jenny with an indifferent look.

"If you don't mind Officer Jenny. I would like to keep a low profile about what happened today." Ash says and Jenny nods her head with a shrug. "That can be adjusted." She informs and Ash nods his head with a happy look. Ash told her everything that happened in the battle while Officer Jenny listed them.

The next day,Ash Ketchum managed to escape the Celadon city without people knowing about his interference in the Game Corner. Ash walked out of the Celadon city filled with negative memories and decided that he will never step on this city ever again in his life. 'Atleast I got a badge.' Ash thinks with a sigh and keeps walking forward with Pikachu asleep inside his bag.

'I guess Giovanni put a mental barrier in my mouth so that I can't disclose the information to anyone.' Ash thinks with a frown. He sighs and says, "The leader of Team Rocket is Giovanni." Ash adopts an understanding look and takes out his Pokedex.

He opens the voice recorder and tries saying the same thing again but fails to do so. "No use." Ash says and closes his Pokedex and keeps it away. "I can't record it too." Ash says out loud and groans which wakes Pikachu up from his sleep. "Pika?" Pikachu questions with a tilt and Ash smiles at him. "Nothing Pi..." Ash says and Pikachu nods his head while climbing on Ash's shoulder.

"Pikapi." Pikachu says and Ash nods his head. "Yeah... I got out of Celadon just a little while ago. And I forgot to buy the bike too." Ash informs and Pikachu nods his head with a sweatdrop. "I wanted to leave that town so much that I forgot to go to the mall too." Ash says with a sigh and slumps his shoulders.

"Let me release Eevee out for a second. Mind sharing my other shoulder to her?" Ash says with a sly smirk and Pikachu rubs his head. "Pika..." Pikachu nods his head with a small smile.

"Okay..." Ash simply says and releases Eevee on his shoulder. "Vee..." Eevee squeals our in surprise on being released on Ash's shoulder. "Hey Eevee... How are you feeling?" Ash questions and Eevee smiles at Ash and starts licking his cheeks.

"I take that as a yes." Ash chuckles softly. "Pika." Pikachu says greeting Eevee who greets back. "I was wondering if you want to travel with Pikachu and I for some time." Ash says gathering Eevee's attention. "Veee..." Eevee answers with an eye smile making Ash grin. "Great! Let's head out." Ash says and starts walking faster.

They continued walking for few more minutes before Eevee called out to Ash. "Vee Vee." Eevee says and Ash looks at her with a confused look. "Huh?" Ash questions and Pikachu looks at Eevee with a shocked look. "Pika?" Pikachu says and Eevee nods her head.

"What are you guys talking about?" Ash questions with a frown and Pikachu motions him to keep quite making Ash sweatdrop. "The respect you guys have for me." Ash says while crying anime tears but his Pokemons just ignores him. "No one loves me." Ash says while a gloomy black aura surrounding him.

Pikachu and Eevee simply decides to ignore him and continues conversing in their native tones. "Pika." Pikachu nods and looks at Ash and starts saying something. "Pika pika Pikachu." Pikachu says and Ash adopts a surprised look. "Really?" Ash question and Pikachu nods his head. Ash understood what Pikachu said to some extend.

Among all his Pokemons, Ash had spent most of his time with Charizard, so he can clearly understand what he says without any assistance. He was also getting close to Pikachu and Lucario but since Lucario can speak Human Language, it isn't hard to understand him. Pikachu on the other hand, Ash can understand what he is trying to say. He can't understand everything he says but he does understand a few things.

Right now, he understood what Pikachu is saying and Ash was shocked. Ash analyses what he hears and eyes Eevee seriously. "So... You want to evolve?" Ash questions and Eevee nods her head. "Vee vee vui." Eevee says and Ash looks at Pikachu for explanation. "Pika pika Pikachu pika." Pikachu says while waving his hands around showing several signs.

"Oh... So you are disappointed with your performance against the rocket's goon and want to evolve so that it doesn't happens again?" Ash questions and Eevee nods with a sad frown while looking away. "Hey... Don't worry. You did great... You were simply outnumbered... If you were to fight them on a one on one... You would've won easily." Ash reassures and Eevee smiles at him and started licking his cheeks again.

Ash smiles and then decides to question Eevee on which evolution he likes and takes out his Pokedex to show it to her. He opens the pictures of all the eeveelution and shows her one after another. At last, she chose the evolution he wanted her to choose. Vaporeon.

"That's a great choice." Ash says with a smile and Eevee nods her head. "Pika." Pikachu says and Ash adopts a shocked look. "Eevee already knew I wanted a Vaporeon and she chose it for me?"

Pikachu and Eevee nods their head making Ash smile softly. "Thanks Eevee." Ash mutters and hugs Eevee closely to his chest making her squeal. Ash let's go of her and takes out the waterstone from his pocket and gives it to Eevee who touches it and starts glowing.

As Eevee glowed, she started growing in size and several scales started forming on her back and legs and her tail grew taller. A few minutes later, the flow finally dies down and a new beautiful Vaporean was standing in place of Eevee.

"Vaporeon, the water type eeveelution. When Vaporeon’s fins begin to vibrate, it is a sign that rain will come within a few hours. Vaporeon is made up of Water molecules which makes it invisible inside a water source. This Vaporeon is female and knows the moves Growl, Tackle, Sand Attack, Bite, Double Kick, Bubble, Waterun, Water pulse and Ice beam. It's ability is Water absorb which makes Water attack heal her instead of harming her." The mechanic voice of the pokedex says and Ash adopts a smirk.

"Nice moves you learnt through evolution Vaporeon." Ash says and continues, "Welcome to the family."

---

Done.