Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Some spicy battles.

-Ash's POV-

Man, that travel was tiring, I've just boarded out of the cruise and was leaving the port with Pikachu on my shoulder. It was a small port and not many people were around us so it was a calm and cool.

I heard that we boarded on a forest to the South of Fushcia. Fuchsia city was two weeks away from here if I walk on my foot. I tighten my backpack around my shoulder and prepare myself for a long walk. I haven't walked for long distance since Viridian forest so I didn't know if my legs were ready. But it's fine, I am not in a hurry anyways. I'll take my time in my travels.

As I was nearing the exit, I saw a poster on the wall, I walked up to it and read it. There was picture of some pokemon printed on that poster, it was a pokemon tournament advertisement.

I do like the idea of a tournament. It will be held in a small village that's located towards the North. Great, it means that I will cross the village as I go to Fuchsia. The prize money is just ten thousand Pokedollars but it seems fun to try. Moreover I don't have anything to loose from it.

Let's see, the village is two days walk away from here. I decided to start moving towards the village. My main goal was, winning the tournament.

---2 days later---

I finally reached the place where the tournament will be held. I walked to the counter and finds the receptionist. It was a female who looked to be around her early 20s. I approach her and call out to her.

"Hey... I would like to participate in the tournament." I tell her. Her mood brightens up immediately and she brings out a pen and paper from the counter.

"Okay sir... Do you know the rules of the Tournament?" She asks me politely. "I don't know. Can you please tell me." I answer. "Okay... So... The tournament will be a single pokemon tournament. That means you can only use one pokemon the whole tournament. Am I clear?" She explains me the rules.

"Yeah... So? I need to register my pokemon too?" I question her.

"Yes sir." She answers. I starts to think as to whom I should register for this tournament. Pikachu is too fresh to fight in such a tournament. Riolu is the same. That leaves me Charmeleon. Charmeleon will be much suited for this battle. I don't want to leave Pikachu and Riolu aside but I had to make a decision. I gazed to my right and see Pikachu looking at me with a confused look.

"Hey Pikachu, you won't mind if I register Charmeleon right?" I question him. "" Pi Pikachu!" Pikachu happily exclaims while giving me a thumbs up which made me smile. "Your the best Pikachu, thanks!" I happily exclaim and enter Charmeleon's name for the tournament.

"The tournament will be held two days from today, you can use these two days to either train your pokemon or take rest from your travels. Thank you sir!" The receptionist politely says. I nod my head and walks out of the place trying to find a suitable place to train.

Two days later I find myself standing against my first opponent. It seemed like the tournament isn't very big or popular as only 8 trainers participated, I am not complaining though, the lesser the better. I am standing in the trainers box while Charmeleon stood  inside the ring. The ring wasn't too big but it was enough. Only a few people were watching the tournament.

My opponents is a boy named Cole Peterson. He is from Pewter City. He had his Rhydon out in front of him. I took out my Pokedex and it gave me some few information about Rhydon. Apparently, it is the evolved form of Rhyhorn. I got to be careful with this one.

"Welcome to the first battle of this tournament, I am your host, Rock Stone (A/N:Forgive me for such a lame name!), the first match will be between Ash Ketchum of Pallet town and Cole Peterson from Pewter city. Ash Ketchum is using a Charmeleon against Cole Peterson's Rhydon. Who will win? Let's find out. Let the tournament BEGIN!" That guy is loud, I will give it to him.