Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Viridian.

---

The sun was glowing in a pale tint of orange above the mighty mountains that framed the West end of Veridian City. The pale orange glow of the Sun spreading accross the whole sky making it replicate the sun's colour.

'This is why I wanted to start this Journey.' Ash thinks while looking at the setting sun with a small smile. Ash wanted to go on a journey where he will catch Pokemon and battle to No. 1. But, this was not the only reason why he wanted to go on a journey. No, it was much more complex than that.

He wanted to enjoy his journey. Yes, catching and training Pokemon gives him immense joy, but his enjoyment was not limited only to Pokemon and Pokemon battles. He wanted to explore the world, he wanted to see what type of world he was living in. From the plains, the mountains, to the deserts, he wanted to explore them all.

Ash wanted to live his life to the fullest. As Ash was thinking all these, the sun was slowly swallowed by the towering mountains.

Seeing this Ash sighs and continues his way towards Viridian City. Ash had travelled a long way from his Town and he was finally at the end of the forest. He can now see the beautiful Viridian City from the position he was at.

Viridian City was a small city. It is the home to the Viridian Gym, the strongest gym in Kanto, and Ash aimed to challenge this gym in the future. He had heard rumors of how the gym leaders won't battle anyone who didn't have at least seven Gym Badge. So Ash planned to challenge this Gym for his final badge.

After marvelling at the city for a few minutes, Ash decides to head for the Pokemon Centre where he can sign up for the league. Ash took out a small map from his bag and follows it's direction towards the Pokemon Centre.

After walking for few minutes, Ash finally reached the Pokemon centre. It was large spherical building with a 'P' symbol engraved on the top. The Pokemon centre is a place where Trainers can heal their sick Pokemon for free. Pokemon centres also provides trainer with a free room for them to stay, but this facility was only for three days, anymore than that, then the trainers should pay for their rooms.

Pokemon Centres are run by a professional nurse, Nurse Joy. Members of an abnormal clan where every single one of them look the same, talk the same and even work the same. Scientist have tried to find out the reason why every single one of Nurse Joy looks the same. Keyword: Tried.

Ash slowly walks towards the centre and as he was about to push the door open. It opened automatically by itself. 'Automatic doors.' Ash thinks in the back of his mind.

After looking inside the centre for a while. Nothing unusual, just some trainers lying around in the lounge chatting among themselves, he also saw a few Pokemons. He finally found what he was searching for. The main desk.

Ash walked towards the main desk and called out to Nurse Joy. "Hello Nurse Joy! I would like to heal my Pokemon please." Ash says in a polite tone. Nurse joy simple smiles and hands him a tray. "Please place your pokeballs in this tray. I'll heal them immediately. I'll call you when I am done healing your Pokemon, you can use the Video Phones over there while I heal your Pokemons." Nurse Joy says and points him towards the Video Phones towards her right.

"Okay Nurse Joy. Thank you!" Ash says and makes his way towards the phones.

After reaching, Ash sits on one of the chair while facing towrads the Phone. He then dials a number and the phone starts ringing, signalling that the call was going. After few seconds a click was heard, signalling that the recipiant had picked the call.

"Hello! Ketchum residence! May I know who is calling?" A female voice questions from the other side. "It's me Mom!" Ash excitedly exclaims with a smile. Suddenly the screen came alive and the picture of Delia was visible on the screen. "Oh boy! You reached Viridian already?" Delia questions with a shocked look.