Chapter 32!

Chapter 32: A Rocky Battle!

-

The trek from the gate of Mt. Moon to the outskirts of Pewter City was uneventful. Ash and his Pokemons took only one week to pass through the whole forest. The forest in their way had no Pokemon that caught Ash's interest so he left them alone.

On the way, Ash met some trainers who he fought with using Rhyhorn and Bulbasaur, they showed great progress during the battles. Ash noticed that Bulbasaur was pushing himself too hard every time they trained which made Ash proud. Rhyhorn seemed to be growing along just fine, they seemed to be very interested in fighting and would go all out in all the fights, he seemed to be eager to fight other Pokemon which made Ash kind of worried for his psyche. Otherwise, everything was fine with both Bulbasaur and Rhyhorn.

Ash looked over his shoulder and saw Pikachu nibbling on something and let out a sweat drop. "Pikachu, you really gotta let go of your addiction to ketchup." Ash chuckled at Pikachu, making him whine in protest which made Ash let out a full-blown laughter.

Suddenly, Ash found himself standing on the top of a cliff overlooking the beautiful city of Rock, Pewter. He looked at the scenery and smiled, his journey was at the final stage and he couldn't be more proud of how far he and his Pokemon had come.

He reflected upon his journey making him smile. Ash remembered all the laughters he had with his Pokemon when he had food with them. Ash closed his eye and reminded himself of how hard all his Pokemon worked to become stronger. 'To fulfil my dream.' Ash thought.

All of his Pokemon far exceeded his expectations. Ash wanted to have a balanced and firm team ready to tackle any challenges, but what he got in return was a family, a family he would never forsake for anything. Ash walked back towards a tree and released all his Pokemon. After the encounter with Mewtwo, he never came out of his Pokeball even once till now and Ash simply decided to leave Mewtwo in his own space without troubling him.

With a roar, Charizard announced his presence followed by Lucario, Gastly, Bulbasaur and Rhyhorn. They look at their trainer, ready for whatever task was to be assigned to them. What they didn't expect was to be suddenly hugged together by an overly happy Ash.

Not expecting the sudden show of affection, the Pokemons stood there shocked before slowly feeling all warm under his embrace as they hugged him back. "Thankyou, guys." Nothing more was said, and his Pokemon didn't need anything extra. Ash finally let go of his Pokemon, mentally making a note to thank his Pokemon who are back at the coral when he first released them.

"There's Pewter," Ash started by pointing at the city below them. "Let's defeat their gym like we planned to do from the first day we set our foot out" Ash said making his Pokemon nod their heads with determined looks on their faces.

Seeing Ash take out their Pokeball to recall them, Lucario said that he want to walk for a while and Ash had no objection to it.

"Master, what is your goal after we win the league?" Lucario questioned Ash making him rub his head in confusion. What will he do after winning the league? Maybe try for Elite Four? Settle down? Many things came to Ash's mind but at last, he shrugged. "We'll decide when the time comes" Ash said and Lucario nodded with a satisfied look. He didn't ask the question to get a specific answer, he asked because he wanted to know if Ash trusted them. He knowingly asked Ash what they will do 'after' they won the league, not 'if' they won the league.

The fact that Ash didn't register the chances of losing showed the amount of trust Ash had in him and his companions which filled Lucario's heart with immense joy. Lucario saw the trust Ash had in them and he didn't plan on breaking that trust.