NEW YEAR SPECIAL

it is now 2022! WOOHOO! HERE'S A SPECIAL!

Camilo trying to hold Y/N down long enough to give her a new year's kiss.

(CAMILO)

"Camilo! Hurry up! The countdown!" He stumbled down the stairs after the excited blur of colour known as Y/N, also known as the love of his life. "I know I know!" He smiled dreamily. Today was the day. He was going to give her the special New Year kiss.

He could already see it. Fireworks, orchestral music, his favourite singer being accompaniment to said orchestra and when he blowed Y/N's mind, he would be able to see hearts in her eyes. "Camilo? Little man?" He snapped out fo his fantasy to see a concerned Lola.

(Lola is Y/N's mother.)

"Ah! Sorry. Drifted off." Lola's eyes darted to the side then back to him. "Y/N has been gone for 5 minutes." 5 minutes? 5 MINUTES?!?! He stared at the clock on the wall. IT WAS ALREADY 11 PM?! He had no time to waste!

"Thanks Miss Lola!" He called out before running out the already opened door before him, leaving it open out of panic. What if he didn't make it? His plan would go to waste! Hurriedly he gathered himself. However unbeknownst to him, in his hurry he turned into Y/N unintentionally.

He quickly wove through the crowd of adults and children alike, some children waving sparklers in the air with glee. "Gotta find Y/N. Gotta find Y/N." He continued to repeat those words to himself until his face collided with a familiar back. Then that back turned to reveal a familiar face. "Camilo? Why are you.. wheezing?" Luisa looked concerned for him.

"Gotta... find... Y/N." He said between breaths. Luisa nodded affirmatively. "I think she's with Dolores at home." In Casita? With Dolores? Dolores knew what he was planning so surely she would pay her best little brother ever a service and keep Y/N tied down for a bit so he could just get on with his plan.. right?

Just as he thought that and made it to Casita, he saw Dolores leaning on a wall talking to Mariano instead. "Dolores!" He wheezed and finally took a deep breath. "Where's Y/N? Wasn't she with you?" Dolores hummed. "Last I checked, she was helping Mirabel and Isabela decorate," She paused to tilt her ear outwards. "She's saying something about watching Bruno's latest telenovela?"

Telenovelas?

His best bet was hoping Y/N was with Mirabel.

Now too tired to even run, he strode in to find her most definitely with Mirabel, giddily holding a new paintbrush with a flowery motif. No doubt from Isabela. "Y/N!" He sighed in relief. Finally his moment would come.

Until his view of his darling was blocked by his father's yellow shirt. "Camilo! Just in time! It's time for the 1 minute countdown!" Couldn't the timing be worse? He had to get to Y/N!

The air seemed to grow cold. Was that wind? Wait, WIND? He turned out to see his mother walking towards them with a hurricane behind her. Her eyes were manic as she spoke. "What if this new year wouldn't work out? What if I ruin this countdown with bad weather? It has to be perfect!" The more she spoke, the more her movements became jittery.

"Amor—" His father finally moved, leaving to take care of his anxious wife. At last! Wait..

He looked down at himself to find him in a dress with familiar locks of hair rustling near his ears. Was he.. Y/N? Oh no that can't happen. He shook his head violently and changed.

"Y/N—" Oh come on! He exclaimed in exasperation as he realised Y/N was nowhere to be found once again.

"So much for that New Years plan."
He sat down the staircase, resting his head on his palms. "What plan?" He yelped and accidentally turned into a baby again at the sudden voice. It was Y/N! Next to him! Sitting down! And incredibly close to his baby face!

"Camilo? You're a baby again." She said, her voice trembling from holding back laughter at the sight of a baby with a moustache. How embarrassing! "Sorry." He said in his garbled baby voice. He felt his familiar and gorgeous self return. "What plan were you talking about?" She raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Well—"

"10!"

Oh it's starting.

"9!"

Camilo saw her turn away to look up at the sky anticipating fireworks.

"8!"

His mother was still making the weather a little funky. It was still a little windy.

"7!"

He hoped fireworks wouldn't burn down his house.

"6!"

Alright, here it comes.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

Camilo gently pulled her face to face his.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

He had never felt such nice lips before.

The fireworks flew up in the sky.