chapter 11

"Let's Dance!"

The music was loud in your ears as you sat at a table smiling and laughing along with the townspeople. Merry dancing and incomprehensible conversations laced in with the rhythm. You could see Luisa smiling as she danced along with her sister Isabel, both graceful and simply gorgeous.

Felix and Pepa danced in a fast paced rhythm, Felix cheering for his wife and his wife laughing. The two looked like they could see nobody else but each other. The other madrigals were nowhere to be seen. Perhaps they were talking to others at the base of the tree.

"Y/N?" Mirabel approached you from the side. "Why aren't you dancing?" You laughed. "Oh, no I don't danc-" But before you knew it, you were yanked out of your seat. Mirabel donned a mischievous grin. "We gotta get you out of your shell, girl!" You let out nervous laughter. "Mira, I'm not good at dancing!" Not to mention you looked and felt like an ogre as of late.

Who would want to see you clumsily dance anyway?

Before you knew it, Mirabel had coaxed you into dancing with her. She laughed and cheered you on as you slowly warmed up to the idea. "You know, you're not as bad as you think you are!" You strained your ears to hear her. "What?" She twirled you around. "I said, you're not as bad as you think you are!!"

Your heart warmed at her words.

"I guess so!" You responded, choosing to ignore the voice that hissed and spoke otherwise. The people soon became a blur, and the two of you danced into the night.

(While you were dancing with Mirabel, your mother was helping Julieta in the kitchen.)

Mirabel plopped down onto her chair and huffed. "That was fun!" You nodded in agreement. As you did so however, you could have sword Mirabel looked like.. Camilo?

Oh wait.

You rolled your eyes. "Camilo! Stop pretending to be Mirabel." Mirabel snickered and before your eyes she was Mirabel no more. "Sorry, you were just so easy to fool! No offense though." He patted you on the back. Your face was flushed with embarrassment at being so dumb. "Wait, I thought you could only shift your appearance. You sounded exactly like Mirabel!"

He grinned. "Good to know my practice paid off." You made an "Oh" sound. "Impressive." He shrugged. "I try to be." However now begged the question, where was the real Mirabel? In the corner of your eye a blur of pink and purple passed you. Isabela.

Perhaps she has the answer?