2

2 days have passed since my party

Father hasn't spoken to me since and I can't say I don't mind. I enjoy being to myself and doing my own thing whether that be reading or drawing. Especially drawing. It became a hobby when I was ten and since then I could never bring myself to stop for anything. My art is so important to me. More important than anything else in my life.

My sketch book is filled with portraits of my brothers and my mom. Especially my mom. She is a beauty I could draw with my eyes closed. She loves my art and even has some of them framed. I would become an artist if my life was my own. Soon, I'm sure I won't even be able to draw as often as I do now.

My hand stills as my mind wanders onto the fact that I will be getting married soon. I'll become a wife soon. To someone I don't even know. I've known of him for eight years yet I don't know a thing about him as a person. We met that one time and from my knowledge they kept us separated for whatever reason.

My heart pounds violently whenever I think of it and it makes me break into a sweat but I can't say I'm surprised. Father has always been willing to do anything and everything for his business. Even though the last thing I thought he would do is sell me off to marry someone, I'm really not surprised he did.

The buzzer in my room sounds loudly, making me jump and almost drop my pencil. My father wants me. I'm not sure for what but I guess I have to find out. I make sure I'm what meets fathers standards of "presentable" and head towards his office.

My brother passes by heckling and trying to trip me, almost dropping the cup of juice in his hand.

Zoba

Picking up the pace, I successfully made it to father 's office. One thing about him, he doesn't like to be kept waiting. He has the patience of a hungry baby. I knock three times and a guard opens the door bowing and letting me in.

"You summoned me father?"

My voice and word choice makes me cringe like hell making me wish I could fold into my own body.

Who the hell uses the word summoned casually?

Yuck.

"Yes come and sit" he gestures to the seat in front of him. I keep my eyes on him quickly sitting down. He has a small smile on his face that makes me cautious and leaves me wishing I could read minds.

"You are going to go on a date with Mr. Xavier tomorrow. You will be married soon so I think it's best you get to know your future husband, yes?"

I nod firmly even though I don't agree with this or want this. A date with Xavier? Can't I enjoy my last couple of months as a single woman alone? I don't want to be around him right now or anytime soon but now I have a date with him.

Great.

"You already know how you should act. Don't bring trouble upon yourself and be good." He says. There's that manipulative tone he uses to get his way all the time.