11

"And will you just lift your head up a bit for me? Thank you

"And will you just lift your head up a bit for me? Thank you." the seamstress said.

My whole day today has been spent trying clothes and shoes for this wedding that was no longer that far away. The whole house has been frantic with people running in and out trying to get everything done as if this wasn't something that has been set in stone for the past ten years.

My tux is a classic Armani tuxedo with a white inseam that costs god knows how much. Our fathers have been the ones funding this entire arrangement since it's literally for them in the first place anyways. They have the money for it so I'm not surprised.

I've lately caught myself constantly thinking of Ami.

Her voice, her face; everything

I've been wanting to call her these past couple of days but something always got in the way of it. Either father demanded my attention or there was clientele or so many things going on in the office that only I could sort out.

I personally can't wait till this wedding is over and done with so everything can die down. I am a man who is very in tune with his feelings and what I'm feeling right now is extremely overwhelming.

"Sir? We are all done." the seamstress said. I gave her my gratitude as she made her way out leaving me in the room alone. I step down from the stage like platform and step in front of the mirror while straightening my tie. I let out a sigh and took a good look at myself.

I look good but I see many things as I look into my own eyes; fear, anger, annoyance.

Feelings I don't enjoy feeling. Some parents are pros at disregarding their own child's feelings for what they want.

I do not remember the last time I was ever happy around my dad. Just plain ole misery.

My phone rings snatching me out of my self loathing but the name flashing on the screen catches my attention.

Ami.

I've also taken it upon myself to make that her name in my phone since I call her that anyways.

I was just thinking about how we haven't spoken in a few days. Almost as if she felt the same way I did about it.

"Hello?"

"Oh I'm sorry, butt dial. Sorry" she said nervously.

She did have a big one....

Focus.

" It's okay. No harm done. How've you been?" I took the liberty of asking just to spark up conversation.

" oh um I'm as good as I can be honestly. Just a little tired. How about you?"

I let out a sigh as she tells me she's tired. Especially since I know for a fact that out of the both of us, she's taking this the hardest. Also the fact that her father isn't the greatest dude out here.

"Same as you, just getting by as much as I can" I sighed out. We are both tired. We are both struggling and there is nothing we can do about it. If anything, the only people that understand how we are feeling is us.

"Hey um I was just wondering if you'd like to like... go out for coffee or something? Like actually go out by our own choice and not something our parents are making us do?" she asked.

I was a little taken back by the question. She actually wanted to go out and spend time with me on her own accord. Not because she was told to do it. Not because it's now something that is chore-like for her. She just simply wanted to go out with me just for the sake of going out.

"Oh yeah of course! When and where?"

"Ill text you everything, bye!" she said rather quickly then hung up. I laughed a little to myself as that was clearly something that took her a lot of courage to do and say.

My phone dings as a new message comes through.

"Treehouse coffee shop @9. See you there"

Hey my lovely readers!! My biggest apologies for being inactive for an entire month and some time

Hey my lovely readers!! My biggest apologies for being inactive for an entire month and some time. I know it's ridiculous. I won't give any excuses or go into detail as to why I'm inactive but just know I will try my hardest to be active again my loves🫶🏾.