20

I have avoided Xavier like the plague for the past two weeks

I have avoided Xavier like the plague for the past two weeks.Anytime I saw him, I walked the other way. I would look into his eyes for a moment and I could just tell he wanted us to talk.

But I just can't. I don't want to.

He would call out my name and I would just ignore him and keep it moving. What could he possibly have to say? And whatever it is, I don't want to hear it at all.

Currently, I lie in bed staring at the ceiling just drowning in my own thoughts. I really have no friends or anyone to hang out with. I only had my brothers and now they're gone too. I've slowly started to get bored with my life. I just really don't have anything going for my life right now.

My stomach growls, reminding me that I haven't eaten since I've been up. I haven't even exited my room. I pull the blanket off and head to the door. I reach for the handle and pause taking a deep breath. I need to prepare myself just in case I in fact do see Xavier.

I open the door and gasp in fear holding my chest. It's not Xavier but it is a man dressed in an all black tuxedo and black sunglasses. Clearly he's a guard but what is he doing here right in front of my door?

"Hello Miss. I am Vincenzo, your personal bodyguard. Sr. Xavier assigned me to you to be there for all of your needs." he says and bows in greeting. He seems nice. He had a strong and masculine voice but he softened it whilst talking to me.

Okay, Nice to meet you" I say nodding my head in understanding. I'm used to having guards so this doesn't surprise me at all. I tell him how I'm heading downstairs to get some food and he makes his way down with me.

I enter the kitchen and it is nice and spotless. The workers must have completed their work earlier and went home for the day. I open the fridge and find plenty of food already made that I can put together and enjoy a nice breakfast.

                                           {}

Once I finished my food, I got up to wash my dish. As I was doing so, a familiar voice was heard making me tense up from how close it was. I rinse the dish and rush to put it away causing me to drop it and it shatters.

" ugh shit" I say in a hushed voice.

I knew that drew his attention. Vincenzo tries to come and help me clean but stands to the side after I tell him it's okay and I got it. I sweep up the glass as best as I can and try to get every shard and dump it all into the trash. That was such a pretty plate too.

"Ami," he says. My back is turned to him and I keep it that way. I return the broom and dustpan back into its resting spot. I turn around but keep my eyes looking past him.

He's blocking the exit but that doesn't stop me from trying to leave. I try to move one way and he blocks me. I try to move the other way and he blocks me again. I sigh in defeat but keep my eyes casted downwards.

" Look at me," he says.

" No"

"Ami, look at me" he uses a more demanding voice when he says so and I do. I look up and straight into his eyes with a stoic expression. I don't want him to know what I'm feeling so I won't give it away through my facial expression.

"Come. Sit and talk with me" he says trying to lead me into the living room.

" We can talk right here." i say. I'm being as defiant as I possibly can. I won't let him think I'm gonna let him slide. He shakes his head and continues to direct me into the living room. We sit on the same couch but I slide all the way down to put some distance.

That same body I once shared with him, he allowed another woman to have. The lips I kissed, he allowed her to do the same. Even if I wasn't his first, he was mine.

I sit in silence waiting for him to say whatever it is he feels he needs to say.

"First, I want to say I'm truly sorry for any pain or hurt I've caused you. I've been an asshole and I know it's affected you. I was ignoring you and I could see on your face that it was hurting you. I know you've been avoiding me due to what you saw that night and I hate myself for even bringing that in the place you call home now. I've just been so ridiculously stressed out and overworked with my dad and taking over as his heir, I guess I just needed something to take the edge off. The way I did it was wrong, I can admit that. That girl was nothing to me, Ami. You and I were building something that I didn't expect us to build and I don't want to stop that. You really mean something to me Ami, truly" he says, his eyes never straying from mine.

He sounded like he meant every word but I grew up with countless apologies and empty promises. He's gonna have to come stronger than that.

I keep the same stoic expression on my face as I just stare at him. He sits there with a worried look on his face as he anticipates my answer. I want to sit here in silence like this to keep him guessing but I got stuff I want to say.

I let out a sigh before I start.

"You know Xavier, I thought we could be different. Arranged marriages happen all the time and some of the stories that come from them are horrific. I had hope that we wouldn't be one of those stories. I know we didn't promise each other loyalty but I thought we wouldn't have too. If you were going through so much stress, why didn't you just say something to me? Why didn't you let me know? I would have been there for you and helped you in any way I could. Why was your first option to treat me like crap and hop in bed with the quickest available girl?" I say.

By now, tears are flowing and his head is casted down in shame. He should be ashamed of himself.

I wipe my tears and stand up ready to head back to my room. I walk past him but pause for a sec.

" I would've never done this to you"

And with that, I leave him out here alone and dismiss myself.

Hey guys! New update for y'all! I made this chapter as dramatic as possible because why not😭

Hey guys! New update for y'all! I made this chapter as dramatic as possible because why not😭. hope y'all enjoyed.