Prologue

Queen Aurora
Prologue

"Meredeth Dankworth, you are at this moment sentenced to death by committing a crime against the kingdom!"

I'll never forget the day the sky was filled with brightness, and a mysterious girl appeared out of nowhere since that was the beginning of my God-forsaken fate.

Wearing a dirty dress from the harsh tortures of the dungeon, I found myself kneeling in front of the masses that were waiting for my execution.

"Kill the traitors!"

"Kill the Dankworths!"

In the middle of that commotion, my eyes that have dried with tears found their way to see the two people sitting on the throne in front of me.

She gained a new world. I lost mine.

The woman wearing the crown that was supposed to be mine glanced at me with her usual pale and terrified expression. She even seemed teary-eyed as she grasped the arms of the man beside her. How could you look at me like that after taking away everything from me?

She found a new love. I lost my most beloved.

Then my gaze was drawn to his highness, the crown prince who was now staring at me with a look of absolute hatred and loathing on his face. Oh, the love of my life. My one and only prince. He is my ex-fiance, and I could clearly remember how he did everything in his power to accuse my entire family of treason so that he could marry the lady he loves. Alexandre, how could you throw away all the love I gave you because of that newcomer?

He stood up from his throne and announced my coming of the end.

"Execute her!"

She lived a happy life while I was sentenced to die.

The last thing I saw before I felt the excruciating pain from the sharp blade that cut my neck, is the eyes of the woman who took everything from me.

Freya Wright, why does this world seems to favor you while abandoning me?

If only I could change this God-forsaken fate, I will do everything in my power to reverse time.

Whoever is listening to me right now...please. Please, I beg you to make this wish of mine come true.

That was the villainess' final moment in the novel I was reading. I never imagined myself transmigrating to her world as her maid and becoming her most valuable weapon in reversing her ill fate.

to be continued...