Epilogue

Queen Aurora
Epilogue

After that big commotion in the palace, the king was left with no option but to depose me as his queen. As a punishment for my crime of creating a rebellion, all of our family's assets and wealth will be donated to the poor, which I already anticipated and planned.

Zenon and I got married in a simple wedding inside his manor. We made our promise come true and I could not be happier than this.

Many years have passed, and his mental health has also improved since I gave birth to our twins. The dark dungeon that he had kept inside his castle was finally closed and had never been used again. Our daughter Laura was born with my silver hair and Zenon's grey eyes. While Liam was born with his father's dark hair and my blue eyes. Zenon became a great dad who loved them dearly.

We lived a happy life as an isolated dukedom away from the kingdom. After we got married, he promised to never touch the palace again. He let the royal family reign, with no attachment from the Aphelion. And I'm happy that he listened to that request of mine.

And as for the king, I heard that he married a noblewoman and made her his queen. The new queen was greatly loved by the people because of her kindness and generosity. They gave birth to a son, who became their new crown prince. Alexandre and I also have never seen each other since that day we separated.

Years passed and our hair turned gray. Our children have their families of their own, while I and Zenon are left in our castle, living a peaceful and happy life.

I heard that the only prince was also crowned king and found a new queen for the kingdom.

But I never anticipated that the new king would suddenly appear in front of our castle with only a horse.

I was astonished to see, for the very first time, the son that Alexandre had with his new queen. Like his father, I saw that he has blonde hair, and the only thing that's different about him is his gray eyes, which I think he got from his mother.

Kasalukuyan kaming nakatayo ngayon ni Zenon sa pintuan ng kastilyo para tanggapin ang hindi namin inaasahan na bisita.

Nahawakan ko nalang ang kamay niya na para bang sa kanya ako kumukuha ng lakas ng loob na harapin ang lalaking sobrang kahawig ng lalaking iniwan ko noon.

The resemblance is frightening.

They have the same face, build, and height. It was like the ghost of the past had suddenly visited me to make me remember the pain that I have had to endure for all these years.

My only comfort is that I did not see those soft and kind emerald eyes that I could always see in my dreams, or I might just completely break right this instant.

"I apologize for intruding, Duke of the North." Even his voice and the way he speaks are scarily the same. "But may I have permission to take the duchess back to the palace?"

I froze.

Why would he suddenly ask me to come with him to the palace?

His dark gray eyes suddenly saddened while looking at me. And in a split second, I saw Alexandre's sorrowful eyes.

"My father, the retired king, is now on his deathbed." He spoke with pain.

My heart was shattered.

Deathbed?

"I know that I should not do this and allow the woman who has caused my mother's misery to come see my father. But my father has been longing to see you for all these years. He did not forget all about you, even for once. I hope to give this as a present before he departs from this world. "