Chapter 23

Queen Aurora
Chapter 23

I've been caught.

"Queen, would you mind explaining what is the meaning of this?" He asked, his voice is being cold and emotionless.

Ngayon ko lang nakita ulit ang gan'ong klase ng emosyon sa mukha niya kaya hindi ko mapigilang manigas mula sa kinauupuan ko.

"It's her, your majesty!" Freya cried crocodile tears. "Her majesty brought that painting to my palace with the ulterior motive of making me barren!"

Ngunit hindi siya pinakinggan ni Alexandre. Nanatili lang siyang nakatingin sa akin gamit ang malalamig na mga matang iyon.

"I'm asking you, queen." His voice is cold and devoid of emotions. "Did you send this painting, which was infused with herbs that promote infertility in the royal concubine's palace?"

Here is the surest fact of all: he's mad.

Those emerald eyes that are now looking at me intensely are threatening.

Ngayon ko napaniwalaan ang kasabihan na ang mga taong mababait ang pinaka-nakakatakot na magalit.

Wala naman akong ibang nagawa kundi ang mapahinga nalang ng malalim at mapayuko.

What's the use of lying to him now? I know that he did not come here to the palace without proof that this was all my doing. He only came here to clarify his doubts.

"I did it." My words are simple, and I can't even look up to see his eyes.

How can he make me feel so guilty about this?

Pero hindi ko inaasahan ang sumunod niyang sasabihin.

"Lock up the queen in the dungeon and she won't be allowed to go out without my permission." His voice was heartless when he ordered the knights.

Kaagad naman akong napataas ng mukha at hindi makapaniwalang napatingin sa walang emosyon niyang mukha.

"What did you just say?" I even asked because I couldn't believe that he just said that.

But those cold and emotionless emerald eyes only looked straight at me before he spoke.

"Didn't I tell you?" He stated. "I will tolerate no more of your evil doings, my love."

At hindi na ako nakagalaw pa nang bigla akong lapitan ng mga knights at hinila ako sa mga braso.

Samantalang nanghintatakutan naman akong napataas ng tingin sa kanya. But those merciless emerald eyes only looked back at me.

No, he can't do this to me! He can't lock me up in the dungeon!

Sa pagkakaalam ko ay hindi pa nakakalayo si Zenon mula sa kwarto ko. If I scream, he would be able to hear me.

"Zenon!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs while trying to let go of their grasp. "Save me!!!"

I almost cried because I couldn't take this humiliation that this man was giving me. How could he do this to me? I thought he loved me, but how could he hurt me like this?

Ilang segundo nga ay narinig ko na ang malakas at galit na sigaw na iyon na dumating sa may pintuan ng kwarto ko.

"What is the meaning of this?!" It's Zenon.

Nagtaas naman ako ng mukha at tinignan ang walang emosyon parin na mukha ni Alexandre.

Hah! You're dead! You're all so dead! I almost screamed it in his face while suppressing the smirk in my face.