Chapter 12

Queen Aurora
Chapter 12

I can't help but smile.

I've been waiting for him this whole time.

"With pleasure," I answered before accepting his hand.

Tumayo ako at sumunod sa kanya sa dance hall.

Hindi naman nakatakas sa matalas kong tingin ang matinding inggit at pagkamangha sa lahat ng noble ladies na kasama ko sa table. I bet they've been dying to receive a dance with the duke. Narinig ko pa ang bulong-bulungan nila na para bang hindi sila makapaniwala na may inanyayahan na sumayaw ang mailap na binata.

I even saw Freya's stunned face after witnessing the love of her life offering me a dance. By this, I think I've finally become a villain in her life.

Zenon gently grabbed my waist and held my hand as we danced through the soft sound of the music.

Some guests would look at us with wonder in their faces, wondering how the indifferent Duke would allow himself to dance with the new heiress. He'd never danced before, even at the time he was wooing Freya. So, it must be safe to say that I'm the only woman he offered a dance.

"So cunning," his deep voice whispered into my ear as we continue to get lost in our own world.

I can't hear the music anymore. All I can hear is the soft thumping of my heart ringing in my ears as I can feel the warmth of his hand touching me.

I smirked.

"She deserves it," I replied.

I know that he's talking about the incident with Cecil from a while ago. I bet he's been watching and observing us from afar.

A soft chuckle escaped from his lips.

"Well, that's my girl." He whispered into my ear.

Hindi ko naman mapigilang mapangiti.

He's the only person in this entire world who knows my true face and my true personality. I guess there is no need to be calculated when it comes to him.

"Why are you doing this?" I still can't help but ask. "Finally got tired of your beloved Freya?"

"Why? Do you not like it? "

"Like what?"

"Captivating me and making me long to see you."

I was stunned.

Is he flirting with me?

Nagtaas ako ng mukha at hindi ko mapigilang mapatitig sa magagandang mga matang iyon.

I don't trust human feelings. But I like the attention that he's offering to me.

"Aurora," he said, and the way he looked at me with those sparkling grey eyes gave me tingles all over my body. "I've been completely mesmerized in your presence and can't get you out of my mind. I believe you've completely enslaved me and I can't even run away from you now. My lady, what did you do to me?"

Mas lalo akong nagulat nang dahil sa sinabi niya.

We've never been close enough for him to catch this feeling. In the back of my head, I'm questioning his feelings and his true intentions. Or maybe I've become so used to being calculated that I can no longer differentiate genuine feelings from fake ones.

I've been starved of affection and I finally forgot the feeling of wanting someone, so I don't know how to respond to his advances.

But I was absolutely taken aback when he buried his face in my shoulder, as if he couldn't face me to tell what he was going to say next.