Chapter 9

Queen Aurora
Chapter 9

The whole Fein kingdom was shaken up by the news that one of the wealthiest dukes of this land had found his only biological daughter with his deceased duchess. It has come to my knowledge that after the duchess died, his only daughter, Aurora, vanished, and he's been desperately looking for her all of these years. Little did we know that his beloved child that he's been looking for has been residing as a maid in the Duke of Suvexx castle.

The arrival of the character Aurora is not mentioned in the novel, which means that Freya did not anticipate her existence either. Maybe it is because Lilia died in the novel before her true origin was discovered.

Ngayon ay hindi ko mapigilang mapatawa ng malakas habang nakaharap sa malaking salamin na nasa harapan ko. After the big commotion last night, the duke gave me one of the grandest room in his castle, which created a sour reaction from both the duchess and Freya.

But what can they do?

I'm the long-lost blood-related daughter of the wealthy and influential duke. How could they dare to oppose the wishes of this manor's master?

I'm laughing at the thought that I was so close to giving up that I almost stupidly took my life, but here I am, in this grand room of the Duke of Burke's castle, alive and having become an heiress to all of this wealth overnight.

Oh well, let's see how everything is going to unfold now that I have this immeasurable power in my hands.

Natigil lang ako sa pagtawa nang bigla kong marinig ng mga katok mula sa pintuan ng malaking kwarto ko.

"Greetings, my lady." A woman's voice emerges from the outside. "The Duke gave us an order to attend to you this morning."

Hmm... well, well. Now that a new character has entered the novel, I wonder what role I should play.

A kind heiress? Or should I go with the evil one?

Nah, I should play it safe for now while slowly rooting out all of my possible enemies within this castle. I know that both the duchess and Freya have control here, and becoming a villain will not be a good start for a newcomer like me.

"Please come in," I ordered, using my kind and frail tone of voice.

Kaagad namang nabuksan ang malalaking pintuan ng kwarto ko at ang grupo ng mga kababaihan na iyon ang sumalubong sa paningin ko.

They all formed a line and bowed their heads.

"Greetings, your ladyship." They all greeted me with high respect.

At mula sa likuran nila ay nakasunod ang mga maids na may dalang mga enggrandeng dresses at mga kumikinang na mga alahas.

I could only silently smirk.

Becoming an heiress is not that bad after all.

"Please choose a dress and jewelry to your liking, my lady." The woman leading the group of maids gestured with her hand. I saw that she's an old woman, and she looks so strict with her emotionless face.

Kaagad naman akong tumayo at naglakad patungo sa mga nakahilirang mga dresses at mga jewelries.

Hmm... what color would best represent a frail and kind heiress? This a tough choice to make.

"I think I should go with this." I picked up the mint green colored dress that was decorated with flowers on it. And for the jewelry, I chose white pearls for my necklace.