1~ Manjha 🎋💫

Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.

"Bhaiya jaldi chalaiye, aaj hi baazaar pohochna hain humein!"
A girl sitting at the back of a rickshaw spoke in a hurry.
Her long, dark brown hair kept disturbing her vision.

"Arey bitiya hum jaldi hi chala rahe hain hawaa mein toh nahi udaa sakte na riksa (rickshaw) ko..."
The man on the driving seat trying his best to go fast couldn't please her, she was definitely in a rush.

"Inn saare logon ko aaj hi baazaar aana tha kya? Aaj uttarayan hai aur humare paas patang nahi hai... Kya kahengi humari saari saheliyaan? Shivangi aise hi deenge maarti hai? Huh!"
She said irritated with the traffic in the local market.

Beep! Beep beep!

The guy on the bullet behind honking was adding fuel to her anger.
The vehicles were all halted in a place for 10 minutes now. Everyone was waiting patiently but this guy didn't budge.

Beep beep! Beeepp!

The bubble of her patience had bursted.
Bunching her dupatta on her left arm she came out of the richshaw to teach him a lesson.

Standing infront of the stud with crossed arms she was about to roar but the dude took off his shades to meet her eyes.

(Ignore the mangalsutra)

"Janaab kahin ke nawaab hain kya aap?"

"Ji mohtarma?"
He said not getting what she said with a smug look plastered over his face.

"Kahaan jaana hai aapko?"

"Iss raaste se toh shayad baazaar hi jaate hain...chalengi aap? Chhod du?"
He smirked.

"Tum na zyada hoshiyaar mat bano...khoob jaanti hu tum jaiso ko..."

"Par humne toh aap jaisi pehli baar dekhi hai."
Grinning he thought she would shy down but that's not her style.

"Aur dekhoge bhi nahi! Zyada chapar chapar ki naa toh jutti nikaalke yahin dikha dungi..."

"Haaye! Itna gussa? Waise humein humari khataa(mistake) toh bataye mohtarma?"

"Tum kya akele phasey ho traffic jam mein jo itni zor zor se horn bajaa rahe ho?!"

"Accha toh mohtarma ke naazuk kaanon ko taqleef ho rahi hai? Hum nahi bajaenge ab horn madam, aapka hukum sar aankhon pe."
He put his hands up in surrender.

She sighed and shook her head in disbelief.
She turned around to sit when she heard from him.

"Waise naam toh bata dijiye mohtarma!"

She smiled secretly and turned to look at him.

"Khud pata karo toh maanu."
Winking at him she sat back in the rickshaw.

He chuckled to himself and moved his hand through his hair.

The traffic cleared in a few minutes and they went their ways.

*

Most of the terraces of people were filled with children, teens, adults and arrangements like kites, sweets and other refreshments.
Uttarayan was a festival everyone irrespective of cast, creed and religion, celebrated with great joy.
Shivangi and her friends were chatting and having some sharbat before they started their kite flying competition.

"Iss baar kiske saath pench Ladaane ka socha hai Arshiya?"
Shivangi asked one of her friends.

"Humare colony ke ladko ko boht shaukh hai zubaan ladaane ka toh unhi ne challenge diya hai...Aur mere badey bhaijaan bhi hain unke saath."

"Tab toh tumhare bachpan se ab tak ke saare hisaab chukte hojaaenge aaj!" Shivangi said confidently.

The guys arrived on the adjacent terrace.
All of them were shooting glares to their opponents as if they'll eat eachother alive.

Shivangi stood beside Arshiya, she saw her showing a thumbs down to someone on the other terrace.

She faced the person in that direction and was stunned. The boy was equally surprised but pleasantly.

"Arshiya yeh tumhara bhai hai?"

"Haan. Tum jaanti ho unhe?"

"Umm...keh sakte hai."

Arshiya looked at her confusedly but Shivangi didn't care to explain her about their rebellious encounter.
Instead she shot the dude a death glare, but he seemed to be enjoying.

Taking hold of their kites all the youngsters started with their serious competition.

Arshiya held Shivangi's manjha and the others too, sorted their partners.

The competition was going in full swing but kites were decreasing in the blue sky.
Cheers from the neighbourhood could be heard louder as the count of competitors kept going down.

Last 4 kites left.
"Pinky uss Pinku ki patang kaat de!"
Someone shouted from their balcony and everyone laughed.

Pinky's kite brushed a string in the air and both the kites were off!

"Kya yaar pinku! Pinky se katwa liya?"
The last boy in the team yelled loosening and pulling his manjha a little and everyone laughed again.

"Bhaijaan aapka bhi katega!"
Arshiya high-fived Shivangi and they giggled.

"Abey main thehra sakt launda. Mera aajtak kataa hai jo aaj katega? Tu apni chunni sambhal...zameen par poncha laga rahi hai."
Her brother told her.

Arshiya looked behind to see if he was telling the truth. Her grip on the manjha roll tightened a bit.Shivangi's kite wandered a little but she managed to get it straight.

"Arshiya uss badtameez ki baat mat suno woh tumhara dhyaan bhatka raha hai!"
Shivangi alerted Arshiya about her brother's cunning tricks.

"Mohsin bhaijaan main ammi ko bata dungi!"
Arshiya threatened him.

'Toh iss bandar ka naam Mohsin hai..waise iss par bandar zyada suit karta hai.'
Shivangi mummered to herself.

He was looking at Shivangi ignoring his sister's accusations.

Shivangi took a glance at him finally and he stared in her eyes forgetting about everything around him.

Taking this as an opportunity she smiled with a mischievous glint in her eyes.
She winked at him and pouted her lips in a kiss shape.
Mohsin lost his balance and his eyes grew wide at her actions.
Shivangi didn't waste a second and cut off his kite!

Both the girls jumped squealing with happiness. Mohsin couldn't register what happened. Everyone cheered for Shivangi and she gave him a victorious smile like 'see I won!'

Mohsin at last figured out that he was trapped and she cheated.

"Suno! Tumne cheating ki hai main nahi maanta iss jeet ko!"
Everyone stopped whistling and all.

"Kya cheating ki hai bhai usne?"
One aunty asked from her window.

Mohsin looked at Shivangi, this time she smirked and mimed 'bolo bolo'.
He huffed and went downstairs not before sparing a look at her.
____________

Inline comments needed 😞
Happy New Year Everybody🎐💕