5~Dil mera💌

As soon as they settled in their seats the driver took off. The fort that they were visiting was far from the hotel which they were residing in. The journey was 2 hours long.

Both Shivangi and Mohsin were having a mental meltdown recollecting yesterday's interesting yet terrifying events. None of them had forgotten the kiss. Or the exchange in the hallway. Or their immissable chemistry. But they were dealing with it quite differently. Shivangi just wanted to move to another planet to curl and hide in a corner whereas Mohsin just wanted to get her alone somehow, even if it had to do anything with kidnapping her and holding her hostage until she blurted that she was feeling the same wave of attraction that he was feeling.

5 minutes into the ride Rajat spoke up.
"Driver bhaiya, music system bech diya hai kya?

"Haan beta. Bohot waahiyaat gaane bajte the uspe. Kabaadi waale ne purey 300 rupay diye uske badle." The driver says proudly.

Rajat looked at him like he saw a ghost.
"Arey bhaiya uspe phone se bhi gaane baja sakte the aap. Bechne ki kya zaroorat thi?" He face-palmed.

"Ab toh bech diya beta. Thug liya uss kabaadi waale ne humey." The driver looked sad.

"Arey koi baat nahi bhaiya hum antakshari khel lenge time pass karne ke liye. Haina guys?" Shivangi asked everyone cheerfully.
Everyone nodded excitedly.
Mohsin at her with so much adoration in his eyes. It was hard not to love her. She made it so easy. This simple girl who was nothing close to simple was making him swoon for her. Although love was a small word with a big meaning.

"Okay so let's start. Baithe baithe kya karey? Karna hai kuch kaam, shuru karo antakshari leke prabhu ka naam. M se gaa Tanvi." Shivangi piped.

Tanvi thought for a while and then sang Nazm Nazm from Bareilly Ki Barfi.
Mere dil ke lifaafe mein tera khat hai jaaneya, tera khat hai jaaneya...

Shivangi thought of how she had kept her feelings for Mohsin always hidden in the envelope of her heart.

naacheez ne kaise paali kismat yeh jaaneya ve...

Her fate was such that he never could see her love and reciprocate it.

main nazm nazm saa tere hotton pe theher jau, tu khwaab khwaab saa mere aankhon mein jaage rey...

The kiss at the club was magical and meant everything to him. He just wanted the time to stop when his lips fell on hers. His world stopped revolving around the sun and started revolving around her. He was dreaming of her now, seeing her everywhere he went.

tu ishq ishq saa mere, raah mein aake chalna...jis ore teri shehnayi uss ore main bhaagu rey...

The future they looked forward to together, how would that go? Only time will tell.

Everyone clapped while Mohsin chose to stare at Shivangi and the way her eyes glittered while she whistled for Tanvi genuinely appreciating her voice without an ounce of jealousy. She found happiness in small things like music. He wanted to make her eyes glitter for him, the same way they did for Tanvi. Maybe she was not jealous of her but he was.

Next it was Ishaani's turn, and soon after her came Rajat. After he finished singing everyone made sure never to ask Rajat to sing during karaokes.

"Iss se achha toh Tony Kakkar gaata hai." Mohsin quipped from his corner but everyone heard him and chuckled.
Rajat just flipped him the bird and tossed the comb he was holding pretending that it was a mic at him.

"Tu gaa ke bata." Rajat gave him a side-eye. ( Boombastic side-eye. Criminal offensive side-eye. Lol 🤡 )

Mohsin shifted in his seat uncomfortably. He'd never sung for a girl, ever. And it was her. Shivangi. He had to give it his best shot.
His letter was T.
He quickly glanced at Shivangi while she just awkwardly blushed. He closed his eyes and started.
Tu Mera Koyi Na
Hoke Bhi Kuchh Laage
Tu Mera Koyi Na
Hoke Bhi Kuchh Laage

He had been noticing her forever but never made any move on her. She was too much of an angel for him, he thought. But what if the angel chooses the devil? Isn't that how love works? You love a person despite their flaws and faults. You forget all their minor mistakes and forgive all their big blunders.

Kiya Re Jo Bhi Toone
Kaise Kiya Re
Jiya Ko Mere Baandh
Aise Liya Re

She stood out of the crowd, even though she felt lost among people, he found her.
She made him notice her unintentionally, tying his heart strings to hers.

Samajh Ke Bhi Na
Samajh Main Sakun

How was he so oblivious to her feelings all this while?

Saweron Ka Mere
Tu Sooraj Laage
Tu Mera Koyi Na
Hoke Bhi Kuchh Laage

Her thoughts were going to be the first ones to greet him every morning, just like the sun. She was something to him, maybe his everything.

Tu Mera Koyi Na
Hoke Bhi Kuchh Laage
Tu Mera Koyi Na
Hoke Bhi Kuchh Laage

Apna Bana Le Piya
Apna Bana Le Piya
Apna Bana Le Mujhe
Apna Bana Le Piya

He wanted to be hers now.

Apna Bana Le Piya
Apna Bana Le Piya
Dil Ke Nagar Mein
Shehar Tu Basa Le Piya

Her heart was going to be his home like her heart would be his.
Shivangi was stunned to say the least.
So many emotions came creeping to her, completely numbing her mind.
_____________