Shania Twain - You're Still The One

02 Jan 2022

Hi, my love

You probably wouldn't agree with me calling you mine but cut me some slack since this is one of my letters never sent. I never thought about New Year messages, not until you made me one. To be honest, it didn't sink in right away that it's a new year—it's 2022.

The past year was a heck of a road, you saw me from my worst to my best, and I saw you too. I'm proud of how brave you were for facing your battles and overcoming them, you're brave for that. I'm sorry if I've caused you pain and worry and every negative thing I have inflicted on you. Thank you for staying with me even when it gets tough, I'm trying the best of the best I could for you to deserve me. People like you aren't to be with me, but I ain't giving you up—not when we've come this far. I guess you can call me selfish, heh.

You'll always have me captivated. I'm not even mad about it. As long as the world still turns, along with our ups and downs—you have me.

Let's embrace a new beginning together. It won't be easy, but you're always worth the try. I want to see you grow and mature, I want to see you love and put yourself first. That would be my very first untold wish. Somebody already hoped for me to find my four-leaf clover, and I knew that even before they said it—I already have it.

Love, me