redamancy

The sunlight soaked through the curtains, coating the safehouse room in a dusty yellow glow. It illuminated a bed in the corner of the room, and on the bed were two men, asleep. Their arms were tangled together, and they were impossibly close.

It almost seemed to be a scene from a movie- it was too peaceful to be from the real world. At yet here it was, a little pocket of light in a messy, terrifying world.

Such a vulnerable, fragile moment. A moment that could never leave the room, lest it shatter into a thousand pieces and pierce them.

A shift in the scene: one of the men, tall with dark hair, slowly opened his eyes. He smiled lazily down at the man in his arms, and you could tell he was in love. There was something in his eyes, a spark, that said exactly what he was feeling.

Overwhelming adoration was somehow conveyed by a simple look.

The other man, shorter with brown hair, muttered something unintelligible and snuggled closer to the taller man.

"You know Curt, we're going to have to wake up sometime," the dark haired man whispered, his hands mindlessly sliding through Curt's hair.

A word that sounded suspiciously like "Comfy" came from the half asleep Curt.

"Well, I suppose I'll just go make breakfast if you're too comfortable to get up," he sighed, scooting away from Curt and removing his arms from around him.

"No, Owen, come back," Curt mumbled, reaching out and grasping Owen's shirt, yanking him back to where he was before.

"Fine. 5 more minutes." Owen wrapped his arms around Curt again.

"How about forever?" Curt sleepily replied, refusing to let go of Owen.

"I'm guessing I don't have much of a choice?"

"Nope."

And so there they laid, wishing that they could stay in one another's arms for forever. Wishing for moments of peace, tranquility, domesticity forever.

Wishes don't always come true, but that was a risk they were willing to take.

----

Hey

Short chapter that's been in my drafts for a while finally finished it today I was trying to do a christmas chapter but like. I give up on it the characters seem super out of character and I'm done. I'm done!!!!

Anyway I'll give you a sneak peek on my next two chapters because yall have been waiting for so long

'Vellichor; the wistfulness of used bookstores' or 'Curt falls in love with love stories but didnt expect to have one of his own'

And 'Cinderella (but not really)' or 'The Author just wanted to write a cinderella story and is now in way over their head'

I've been working on these for so long I started Vellichor in August and I just. I n e e d to finish it.

So

Ye

Peace out earthlings <33